Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is the Ford TS50 still being made?

is the Ford TS50 still being made?

are the ford TS50 and the HSV GTS Coupe` still being made? any info will be appreciated.

the tickford TS50 is not being made anymore (it is now FPV GT) you can go to there website www.fpv.com.au the hsvgts coupe and gto coupe are stil being made and are in series 3 form now go to www.hsv.com.au to see them

Trust an HSV fan to say the TS50 was superceded by the GT

The TS50 and TE50 were built by Tickford in a venture with Ford called FTE or Ford Tickford Experience. That ended in 2002 when Prodrive purchased Tickford, and FPV or Ford Performance Vehicles was setup to succeed FTE. September 02 was the launch of the BA Falcon and the first batch of models from FPV. They were the GT, GT-P and Pursuit, the GT basically the same as a TE50 and the GT-P the same as the TS-50. The Pursuit was simply a ute version of the GT
    I am the Stig

Believe me mate you want the TE50 its lighter and theperformanced based one...not the TS50 like games like NFShot pursuitII would have you believe...the GTS nowdays isnt as avaiableas it once was its now a special order model...this is the same route the XU6 went and where is it now? gooooooone...

I know that I found about both on NFS HP II

where is it now? gooooooone...
    trust me the GTS will be around for ever... mybe it might be gone for a year or 2 but not for long. like common, new engine comming soon whoole new model. or mybe even a s/c LS1 with the VZ. i wish they still made TS50's, i love em in gun metal grey

Nothing lasts for ever...the model is actually quite a poor seller hence the move to special order...our dealership which is one of the biggest here has only sold one....

As for the TS50 i liked the car no end and would love to own one but that said i wouldent want to shell out for its very high service costs (while cheaper then the GTS its still on the very high side)

there wasnt as much as you'd think seperating the TS and TE50, mechanically the TS50 came as a better car standard with the Brembo's and Koni's, but they were both optional on the TE anyway. I personally wouldve taken the TS as it was only 20kg heavier, had better resale, better equipment standard and what i thought to be better allow wheels
    I am the Stig

Was it only 20 kilos diffrent? oh wellas the old story gos 1 kilo is the equivilent of a 1 hp gain...also the more luxuary based model is more likly to be automatic...i stand by my choice though i will have to do some hunting forit to meetmy standards

yeah the TE sat at 1735kg and the TS was 1755kg. the TS more than likely wouldve had a higher number of autos produced as i think it was only a NCO
    I am the Stig

Well i had to lookt his one up because i was sure your figure was wrong...according to a wheels mag the ts50 weighs 1664 not the 1700+ you quoted.....the AUchassis was a lighter one and even the fairlanes scarecly reached that mark
    And what apitty that many people would of effectivly newterd the car by useing a slusher in it

i think i got those figures froom Motor or something, even now especially with the XR6T theres a million and one weight figures floating around, from 1685kg which is the standard falcons weight, to 1755 which is slightly heavier than an XTV8, then wheels when they were in europe had one on a weighbridge at about 1780kg
    I am the Stig

thanks for all the info.

Quote Originally Posted by hsvman
    trust me the GTS will be around for ever... mybe it might be gone for a year or 2 but not for long. like common, new engine comming soon whoole new model. or mybe even a s/c LS1 with the VZ. i wish they still made TS50's, i love em in gun metal grey

HSV themselves actually almost drew the final nail in the coffin for he GTS when they released the VY2 range at 285kw. They were already on par and some of the time ahead in performance compared to the 290kw FPV's, but they had to put their $30K cheaper models within 15kw of their flagship
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    HSV themselves actually almost drew the final nail in the coffin for he GTS when they released the VY2 range at 285kw. They were already on par and some of the time ahead in performance compared to the 290kw FPV's, but they had to put their $30K cheaper models within 15kw of their flagship
    Well when you think about it for the extra $$$ you dont get a whole lot with the GTS meerly a badge and a diffrent calloway lump...

Thread Information