Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Failed cars that shouldn't have

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    I fail to see that connection. The PT cruiser was a quirky alternative to a soccer mom van, to which I believe chevy answered with the HHR.
    The SSR is pretty much a corvette truck afaik. Its also hugely popular here, with a large following of diehards that plan all sorts of events. They've got more fancy custom paint jobs on these things than you could shake a stick at. While it may not be common, its definitely not uncommon either.
    The Prowler on the other hand is a little different. Despite its V6 its also got quite the cult status among the yanks and canucks. It had a pretty good run if you ask me. They built them for like 6 years.
    Both vehicles will be (if they're not already) classics, as much as it may hurt some to hear that. I really don't understand peoples' hate towards these vehicles. I think its very refreshing to see something different driving around. I could never see myself owning either, but there's just something so cool about oldschool American.
    When I read that post I must have confused SSR with HHR.

I don't know if I'd call it a Corvette truck. It's still ridiculously heavy for it's size and has all the disadvantages of its truck parentage with none of the utility. It's kind of like the Ram SRT-10 except they went with a heavily modified body instead of a heavily modified drive train. I prefer the Ram.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, the SSR was the first power retractable hardtop that didn't compromise trunk space when the roof was folded. The Miata is the only other one I can think of. Also the SSR unquestionably has the largest trunk of any convertible!
    I would love to have one of the later 6L 6spd models. I'm not going to buy one but I would love to have it
    I think the Miata had the folding hardtop only recently. The SLK is the one of the earliest from my memory.

I don't know if you guys are talking about the HHR or SSR anymore! My neighbor has an HHR. Stupid car.

I don't consider the Z8 to be a failure, it's a nicely done car in limited production. Expensive enough to probably turn a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I think the Miata had the folding hardtop only recently. The SLK is the one of the earliest from my memory.

I don't know if you guys are talking about the HHR or SSR anymore! My neighbor has an HHR. Stupid car.

I don't consider the Z8 to be a failure, it's a nicely done car in limited production. Expensive enough to probably turn a profit.
    To the best of my knowledge, the Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder was the first of the recent power hard tops. The Mercedes was the next one I remember. However, the SSR was the first one where the top didn't use any of the trunk space ie the trunk volume doesn't change when the top comes down. I guess the Ford Skyliner didn't really use the trunk space since the actually usable trunk was much smaller than the total trunk area or the car. BTW, the earliest folding hardtop was a manual top used on a pre WW2 French car. I'm sure someone can fill in the model which I don't recall.

Where drug dealers and asian stores are born, California
    Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    BTW, the earliest folding hardtop was a manual top used on a pre WW2 French car. I'm sure someone can fill in the model which I don't recall.
    That duty will be left to henk4
    “Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.”
    -Jeremy Clarkson

Will give him a hand... Peugeot 401 and 402 Eclipse.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Apart from what you've already said... the Opel Diplomat. Every review from the time praised it for the bang-for-the-buck price, the good engines, the quality, the ride and pretty much everything else. Some even considered it to be better than the competing models from Mercedes. In my opinion, it had the same problem that the Phaethon has now. Wrong badge.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Thread Information