Thread: All-new Mercedes-AMG GT, Jaguar XE and BMW M235i Convertible ...

All-new Mercedes-AMG GT, Jaguar XE and BMW M235i Convertible ...

With the summer break now over, manufacturers have jumped at the opportunity to reveal some of the most exciting new releases due at the Paris Motor Show early next month. One of the most highly anticipated will undoubtedly be the Mercedes-AMG GT. The compact Coupe is the first model from the new high performance sub-brand and features a lightweight aluminium chassis and body, and a twin-turbocharged V8. Unusually, the four-litre engine boasts dry-sump lubrication and the turbos are mounted inside the V. In 'standard trim', it is good for 462 hp, while a GT S version will also be available with 510 hp on tap. With these figures, the Mercedes-AMG GT looks set to be a real alternative to the ever popular Porsche 911.
    Jaguar will also enter a new market segment with the XE, which was spectacularly launched on Monday evening. The product of a GBP 1.5 billion investment, the compact sedan also boasts a lot of aluminium to keep the weight down. The introduction will have been watched with particular interest by executives in Stuttgart, Munich and Ingolstadt. Topping the range will be this XE S powered by a 335 bhp supercharged V6, while smaller petrol and diesel engines will also be available.
    BMW will use the Paris show to reveal the new 2-Series Convertible. The most potent version in the line-up will be the M235i, which features a twin-turbo straight six, good for 322 bhp.
    Earlier this week, we already received a preview of the Divine DS show car, which firmly establishes DS as a separate marque.

Enjoy the links:

2015 BMW M235i Convertible - Images, Specifications and Information

2014 DS Divine DS - Images, Specifications and Information

2015 Jaguar XE S - Images, Specifications and Information

2014 Mercedes-AMG GT - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

0-100 km/h in 3.8 s is for 510 PS Mercedes-AMG GT S
    462 PS GT is 4.0 s

Thread Information