24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nissan Skyline GTR R34

21 87.50%
  • Mitsubishi 3000GT

3 12.50%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nissan Skyline GTR R34 vs Mistsubishi 3000GT

Quote Originally Posted by baysidebluebnr3
    From my experience, as of yesterday, the answer is the 3000gt...

I was at the light and the 3000gt pulled up..... I thought why not?

We both took off slowly, didn't want to look like dick heads. The at about 40 kmph we both floored it....

To my suprise the 3000 pulled away with ease. about 3 car lenths after 500meters, we were both in the 200kmph region by this time.

I would say the 3000gt had some work done to it, big polished intercooler and guages.

It would of been good if it was stock like my r34 gtr

I will have to mod the gtr...

More power.....
    EGGNOG!!! oR ElEzz1!!

Now you can lock it.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

From my experience, as of yesterday, the answer is the 3000gt...

I was at the light and the 3000gt pulled up..... I thought why not?

We both took off slowly, didn't want to look like dick heads. The at about 40 kmph we both floored it....

To my suprise the 3000 pulled away with ease. about 3 car lenths after 500meters, we were both in the 200kmph region by this time.

I would say the 3000gt had some work done to it, big polished intercooler and guages.

It would of been good if it was stock like my r34 gtr

I will have to mod the gtr...

More power.....
    Do you live your life one quarter-mile at a time?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Fk yay!!!
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

you asked....

you asked....
    Sorry, just a few people who are quite cynical here- we get a lot of false quotes from fanboys and n00bs who try to convince us they have brilliant cars. We don't know for sure if you're one of the breed or not...

To prove it, you can take the Egg Nog test. This involves taking a piece of paper and writing, baysidebluenr3 - Skyline R34 - Egg Nog on it, then stabbing it over the gearshift and getting us a picture

Post it here via the attachment system- click 'Post Reply', then go down to the 'Manage Attachments' button and host it!

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    3000 GT VR-4?

You guys answer as if there was no competition whatsoever.

3000GT VR-4 = 3810lbs - 320hp - 315lbs torque = 0.083bhp/lbs
    R34 = 3672lbs - 280hp - 289lbs torque = 0.076bhp/lbs

Says the 3672.9lbs Skyline

I do actually believe that the R34 would win, but it pisses me off how everybody just jumps to conclusions. I'll search for track times once I get home.

EDIT: The 3000GT is the one with the better power-to-weight ratio, I gave 0.083 to the Skyline by mistake.
    thats is not really skylines stock power, 320 hp is the hp level ,
    there is supposed to be a tab on the skyline that one pulls or something to safely increase boost,
    assuming you are not a frigin chicken who is somehow on a warranty.
    and besides R34 beats the 300GT by wieght and still is awd, the skyline would waltz all over the 300Gt
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

as my experience from BS videos i know vr4 will beat the r32 gt-r.it'll keep up with r33 on straight line ,but i haven't seen one racing r34 yet.in'v seen a stock r34 gt-r and it pot down 270hp to the wheels.r33 and r34 are making over 330hp but they rated them on 280bhp.i think r34 is faster in corners,because it's not full time AWD like vr4.it's like rwd cars till the rear tire loos traction .then the TQ gos to the front wheel as well.so it's like rwd car in corners and awd when you exit from corner .that's why vr4 launch harder than GT-R's.vr4 has diffrent gear if one tire loos traction it'll get under steer.Super engineering is working on it to fix this problem by changineg the center dif gears and the rear dif gear.r34 has harder springs than vr4 as well .it helps alot in cornering.
    Last edited by mehrshadvr4; 10-27-2006 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Sorry, just a few people who are quite cynical here- we get a lot of false quotes from fanboys and n00bs who try to convince us they have brilliant cars. We don't know for sure if you're one of the breed or not...

To prove it, you can take the Egg Nog test. This involves taking a piece of paper and writing, baysidebluenr3 - Skyline R34 - Egg Nog on it, then stabbing it over the gearshift and getting us a picture

Post it here via the attachment system- click 'Post Reply', then go down to the 'Manage Attachments' button and host it!
    I will take that pic later, for now here is another pic of my car: two of the pics are for a GTR cruise that we had...... about 30 GTRs in one spot... what a sight
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jack_Bauer; 10-27-2006 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Please don't post large images in-line in your post, the attachments will suffice :)

I will take that pic later, for now here is another pic of my car: two of the pics are for a GTR cruise that we had...... about 30 GTRs in one spot... what a sight
    is your car bpu?i see after market cat back.do you know how long the rear spoiler is on your car?i kind of like that spoiler.
    Last edited by mehrshadvr4; 10-27-2006 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123
    there is supposed to be a tab on the skyline that one pulls or something to safely increase boost,
    Wow....

Just...

Wow.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    Wow....

Just...

Wow.
    i heard that as well.only the r34 has that,but you can't boost it alot.maybe acouple psi.

Quote Originally Posted by mehrshadvr4
    is your car bpu?i see after market cat back.do you know how long the rear spoiler is on your car?i kind of like that spoiler.
    Not sure... it is the standard gtr wing. BPU.......

The car has cat back and k&n filter.

i forgot to add.3000gt had same option from dealer as well.you could ask for 400hp 3000gt.they had HKS 3000gt as well.i bet no one knew abot hks 3000gt.that car mad 433 bhp .it was a fast car with capable of running low 12s on 1/4 miles.remember that was in 1991 .there were a few cars out there that could runs 12s.in this magazin they couldn't drive this car.that car makes 33more hp than regular bpu vr4's and people could run mid 12s with bpu vr4's.that car was one of the fastest production car.it handles like a dream as well.here is the article about that car.you can save it and inlarg it .you'll be able to read the article.
    http://www.stealth316.com/images/mt_7-93_p1.jpg
    here are some of the pictures of that car.

Last edited by mehrshadvr4; 10-28-2006 at 03:22 PM.

You pay for it with a crap paintjob, awful wheels and watermelons for airfilters though.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    You pay for it with a crap paintjob, awful wheels and watermelons for airfilters though.
    lol.i don't like the pait job as well.who knows maybe those wheels and paint job were really hot back then.and the air filter is from HKS.they call them mushroom air filter.HKS still selling those air filters with the same color.

Thread Information