Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Times 50 worst cars of all time

The EV1 was a marvel of engineering, absolutely the best electric vehicle anyone had ever seen. Built by GM to comply with California's zero-emissions-vehicle mandate, the EV1 was quick, fun, and reliable.
    Oh yeah this guy can argue his points well...

Most retarded article I've ever seen
    Warren Mosler, a brilliant economist and investor, built his sports racer out of bits and parts that fell off the Big Three's table — a steering wheel from a minivan here, a Chrysler engine there, some mismatched gauges — but mostly what he did was to add lightness. The resulting fiberglass-bodied car had a marvelous power-to-weight ratio and did so well in racing that it was eventually banned. Or it might have been that the course workers were suffering from post-traumatic stress from the sight of the thing. Mosler had thought of everything but a stylist, and the pride and joy of this arch-capitalist looked like something from an East German kit-car company. Truly one of the ugliest cars ever, the Consulier GTP proved once and for all that building a car is harder than it looks.
    A car which did so well it was banned from racing is listed as one of the fifty worst? It's a race car... and it won races. F*** TIME

Meh, this guy don't know nothing 'bout cars.

He lists the Lotus Elite as one of the worst cars....Yeah, it's so bad that people love it today and it won Le Mans 6 times....
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

The Excursion on there because it was big, the Explorer is on there for screwed up tires and dumb-ass American drivers over reacting to a situation that warrented no more concerne than..."Damn! I got a flat tire", and then at the end of his excoriation on the X-Type he says..." It's not that the X-Type was that bad of a car, but the snobs that bought it felt it was beneath them"

TIMES!...[explicit]
    Last edited by Rockefella; 09-09-2007 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody302 View Post
    The Excursion on there because it was big, the Explorer is on there for screwed up tires and dumb-ass American drivers over reacting to a situation that warrented no more concerne than..."Damn! I got a flat tire", and then at the end of his excoriation on the X-Type he says..." It's not that the X-Type was that bad of a car, but the snobs that bought it felt it was beneath them"

TIMES!..[edited]
    All fords should be on there since they are pieces of junk that rot out in a few years.
    Last edited by Rockefella; 09-09-2007 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    All fords should be on there since they are pieces of junk that rot out in a few years.
    Qft?

Look at my avatar. That's unrestored with 35k miles on it. Besides everybody knows the most popular GM color is grey primer and rust, and it damn sure is for Comaros

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Meh, this guy don't know nothing 'bout cars.

He lists the Lotus Elite as one of the worst cars....Yeah, it's so bad that people love it today and it won Le Mans 6 times....
    The Elite didn't win at Le Mans, unless you are speaking of class victories.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The Elite didn't win at Le Mans, unless you are speaking of class victories.
    I don't think the Elite was ever fielded there with overall victory in mind......
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I don't think the Elite was ever fielded there with overall victory in mind......
    In fact I'd say it's a pretty forgoten Lotus, especially next to its famous successor.
    Visca Catalunya!

In fact I'd say it's a pretty forgoten Lotus, especially next to its famous successor.
    it is worth more than the Elan, if that is what you mean....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Was that it for the Elite? 1957-1963, It was a 1-body run basicly?

and by the way.....what's qtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Cody302 View Post
    Was that it for the Elite? 1957-1963, It was a 1-body run basicly?

and by the way.....what's qtf?
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/6...-14-Elite.html

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    it is worth more than the Elan, if that is what you mean....
    That's probably because it's rarer, but I still think the Elan is a lot more known than the Elite. Perhaps unfortunately.
    Visca Catalunya!

That's probably because it's rarer, but I still think the Elan is a lot more known than the Elite. Perhaps unfortunately.
    less known and forgotten are not the same thing...

Thread Information