Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Performance V6 vs. V8

remember pushrods absorb more energy than (d)ohc. also chamber size depends on surface volume ratios, combustion duration aswell as many more design factors.
    autozine.org

you are sadly mistaken...

i hate to tell you this but the evo only has 4 cylinders not 6... just so everybody knows this guy is trying to wrap his head around how the japanese make 320 hp out of a 2.0l inline 4... it's a turbo you idiot!!! with the same amount of technology a 4 cylinder would be slower than a 6 and a 6 slower than an 8 but they would be equivalent; the 4 as much slower as the 6 as the 6 would be slower than an 8... i've seen v6 supras walk the dog on a terminator mustang and seen the same terminator kill a firebird and then an evo walk on all of them... performance is a question of how much money you have not how big your motor is. and btw a supercharged 6 will make a bigger powerband than a v8...

funny V6 supra?
    where did you see that- they were inline 6 cars, and the good one had turbos

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I have a thing for straight sixes at the moment. It's not that I've quit liking V8's at all, I still love them. But the V8's are all you see - they're common. Everywhere you turn, there's another small-block Chevy or Ford 302. The cool kids at least have Y-block Fords, Early Hemis, Flathead V8's, or Rocket Olds motors. But in the end, even the flat baritone sound of a small-block Chevy or the characteristic blat of a Ford Flathead V8 is a dime a dozen at rod runs and classic car events.

Straight sixes seem to offer a refreshing choice to me. It'll never be as brute-force powerful as V8's (though some like GM's 292 or Ford's 300 I6's come damn close), but they still have a forceful sound all their own while setting you apart from the crowd.

When it comes down to it, I like to be different. I'd rather be set apart from the crowd than beat it down the 1/4 mile - though if I can do both, it's a bonus
    Last edited by jcp123; 11-09-2007 at 08:54 AM.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information