Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cellphones

yeah i see him every fortnight and i guess generally we get along alright, plus i dont really have the confidence to stand up to him as yet and tell him to his face what i really think of him
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Any mobile phone will distract the attention of the driver.

Matra's point that a passenger is also involved in the riding process and can refrain from talking if the situation demands so, is correct. Banning passengers could also be useful sometimes, as they tend to interfere (my wife for example).

In short, driving in dense traffic requires full attention of the driver, and anything that reduces this attention should be considered with great concern.
    For those interested, yes I have a cell phone, and when I have to make a call when in the car, I'll park first. Furthermore I don't smoke, have no navaid and listen to one radio station only.
    Total vigilance, total concentration. Under the heading of "Automotive idiot stories" comes another classic from the annals ( or should that be anals ) of Crisis's driving history. Sitting behind a car in traffic one day with an ancient "car phone", on speaker, talking to the office, the car in the turning lane took off next to me and I followed. Straight into the back of the lady in front of me who was correctly stationery awaiting a green light. Driving in traffic requires total concentration, as you rightly say.
    Like the cheap shot at the missus, although the really "good" ones "help" you drive. Two heads are better than one eh. Nothing like being second guessed when the pressures on.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

now that you'r asking, "anals" is probably correct.

Thread Information