Thread: Alarm issues

Alarm issues

undefinedundefined
    Hi im new to this forum and im having some issues with my car alarm. I have a 97 Trans-Am 5.7L V8. Since last night the car alarm has been going off every 10 minutes. My husband had to disconnect the battery to stop it from going off. Then this morning he took my VW to work so that I could take it into an alarm place to have it checked out. Is there anything that can be doing this. I recently had the battery replaced for this reason and now its doing it all over again. Anything else I should check? Its becoming rather annoying. I have to sit next to the window so that when it goes off I can hit the alarm button to stop it.

It could be any number of things, my completely uneducated guess would be a faulty ECU.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

How embarrasing! hey.

Alarms aren't that great, if someone wants your car, they will steal it.

a car alarm will deter probable stealers...

i think you underestimate the use of car alarms. when someone smashes a window or tries to open a door with force it will sound, this will give IMEDIATE attention to the car in a street or any other setting. this will ether make the potential car theif stop and run, or steal it faster, in which case the cops will get rung faster then it would have, i would want a car alarm for my car anyday...

and thanks for reviving an OLD DEAD THREAD!!!
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Car alarms are really sensitve to as when i'm in my mates parents car which is a HSV Clubsport which has a massive exhaust on it he has contests to see who can set of the most alarms at a Underground car park LOL last time i was with him we set off 11 CAR ALARMS it was sooooooo funny.
    320kw Ford DJR falcon
    Ford = FIRST ON RACE DAY

Thread Information