Thread: Look and Tell

Look and Tell

If anybody knows what these things are then could you tell me what they are and what is the point of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It looks like it's injecting something into the engine. If I had to guess, I'd go with Nitrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    It looks like it's injecting something into the engine. If I had to guess, I'd go with Nitrous.
    Or just fuel lines

From this picture it is pretty hard to see. I can't give you an answer that i'm absolutely sure of. I'd have to look under the bonnet for that I guess, as every engine is different. Do you have more pictures or something perhaps, so we can get a bit of a better look ?

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Or just fuel lines
    Fuel lines that size are only used on ocean steamers. The pieces they feed into seem to be part of a forced induction system, so it might be some additional cooling.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I wouldn't say they are fuel lines, the yellow chambers surrounded by red circles are between the turbos and the engine, which is more forward. Also I wouldn't say they are air-air intercoolers, because the pipes are too small. So they could be some kind of water/air intercoolers or, most probably, water, alcohol or Nitrous oxide injectors, because the kind of shielded lines. of course, in my opinion, i'm not sure
    Life is too short to stay, race!

Gora Euskadi! Visca Catalunya!

Thanks guys because I believe its a water to air intercooler.

yeah, with their being situated between the turbo and the intake, and with a slightly larger diameter than the intake pipe, they seem to be coolant fittings for a liquid intercooler setup...one for each bank.

Thread Information