Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: New Magna

Well the XR6 has always had somthing the base model had the way it used to be uprated suspension,sportier interior and a more powerful engine now its just suspension and interior and i dont know about that nearly everysingle BA i see here is an XR6

well although it has the standard 6, its by no means not sporty

Well a 15.5 1/4 and the XTs 15.8 1/4 you can see the improvement on the car performance as well as turning amazing what suspension changes can do inspite of the XTs better weight 1694 (XT with extra air bags and rear power windows and adjustable pedals) to the XR6s 1710 (premium breaks,side air bags and adjustable pedals) there is a lot of potentail there if they add in some minor performance mods.

i didnt realise the XR's had standard side aribags

They dont im just listing all the options because i cant find their unoptioned weights and as i say it all adds up you might find a good many kilos taken off with out all them options.

well wouldnt the weight quoted at the back of wheels magazine or motor be accurate?

To be honest i didnt think of that i was looking at the cars they used for the comparisn tests.

well i woulnt exactly call it accurate either though, both magazines think the XR6T weighs differently, motor thinks its the same as an XT, wheels thinks its about 40kg heavier

Well id take wheels opinion on it turbo gear is heavy as with the higher spec trim uprated suspension and the slighly bigger breaks they come out with...if anything youd be lucky if its only 40 kilos.

well the XR's only come standard with the basic brake package, its a $3000 option for the ventilated rears and bigger front discs

From what i inderstand their standard break package is reminiscent to the standard one on the GT (twin piston calipers andsmaller rotors) notthe XTfalcons and similar.

well theres the performance brakes, brembo brakes and standard brakes. all FORDS come with the standard brakes and all FPV's come with the performance brakes standard, except GT-P

the standard brakes consisting of a 298mm front ventilated and grooved disc with a 303mm solid rear disc, 2 piston fron caliper and single piston rear. the performance brakes upgrade to a ventilated and grooved rear disc and a 325mm front disc and the brembos have 4 piston front and rear calipers, 355mm front ventilated and cross drilled rotors and 330mm rears to the same specification. the difference in the brembo calipers being the front pistons are abotu 40mm wide and the rears are about 30mm

Thread Information