Page 101 of 139 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2084

Thread: Random Photo Thread

Ah. I don't care for the 748/916/996/998 or the 749/999 so where does that put me?

The Ducatis I like are the 750 GT and the modern sporting crop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Ah. I don't care for the 748/916/996/998 or the 749/999 so where does that put me?

The Ducatis I like are the 750 GT and the modern sporting crop.
    I do like the new stuff for what it is, but they've gone mainstream. I appreciate their 848s and 1098s for the performance achievements that they are, but they've actually started to become a dime a dozen. You see way more Ducatis nowadays than you ever have before, because of it. This being a brand that I truly, truly appreciate, I'd be far more content with a bike of theirs that has that classic foundation under it. I guess that puts you in the "I don't care for the 748/916/996/998 or the 749/999" group .

Well, I don't really like Ducatis other than for their looks, and I think that the 750 GT, and modern Monster, Streetfighter, and Superbike look cool.

The V-twin or L-twin if that's what they want to call it is dumb I think, they are too expensive, the trellis frame looks cool but isn't as good as a twin spar, desmo is a pain in the ass to maintain and general maintenance costs are huge.

But they are Italian so they have "soul" or something. I think when it comes to driving dynamics, Ducatis are beaten by the Japanese. Ducati is about style, not substance in my eyes, and clinging to tradition that hampers their design - tradition over innovation, style over substance. Not too cool.

Well, I don't really like Ducatis other than for their looks, and I think that the 750 GT, and modern Monster, Streetfighter, and Superbike look cool.

The V-twin or L-twin if that's what they want to call it is dumb I think, they are too expensive, the trellis frame looks cool but isn't as good as a twin spar, desmo is a pain in the ass to maintain and general maintenance costs are huge.

But they are Italian so they have "soul" or something. I think when it comes to driving dynamics, Ducatis are beaten by the Japanese. Ducati is about style, not substance in my eyes, and clinging to tradition that hampers their design - tradition over innovation, style over substance. Not too cool.
    Yes they are beaten by the Japanese in nearly all aspects. Its the Desmo, the trellis frame, the L-twin that we (the fans) have come to love. Wouldn't change it for the world my friend . I don't care about anything else.

Soo, desmo,

What your essentially saying is duc's are for posers and ricers? (pastas?)
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Soo, desmo,

What your essentially saying is duc's are for posers and ricers? (pastas?)
    hardy har. its a bike that stirs the emotions .

I don't get how Ducatis are different than 911's in that respect, but I do like a lot of ducatis and am so so over 911's. Course I also like the V-Rod.

I kind of feel that Harleys are like Jeeps, they're not real Harleys (or Jeeps) if you've gone and left them stock. And even if a bunch of posers buy them, it doesn't mean they don't have their own merit.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

I'd quite like a Duc Monster.. or a Trumpy Street Triple. Alas, I can't afford either and I'm not allowed to ride most of them anyway.. until October. But then I still won't be able to afford one.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Yes they are beaten by the Japanese in nearly all aspects. Its the Desmo, the trellis frame, the L-twin that we (the fans) have come to love. Wouldn't change it for the world my friend . I don't care about anything else.
    But that says nothing about the riding dynamics really (other than the twin).

You pay a premium for style on a Ducati I couldn't justify.

Have you ridden any Japanese competition to the Ducatis you are interested in?

But that says nothing about the riding dynamics really (other than the twin).

You pay a premium for style on a Ducati I couldn't justify.

Have you ridden any Japanese competition to the Ducatis you are interested in?
    Well I can tell you that not many people that have ever ridden a Ducati have complained about the riding dynamics. The bikes just feel so good. Its hard to explain the love for them, but its there thats all I know. The only comparable Japanese bike I've ridden is the 2006 Ninja 636. It was an awesome experience, but I still love the Duc more. I'm not bothered by what bike has the best bang for buck or superior performance. I just want to have that feeling that the Ducati provides. Its a complete euphoria, like ecstasy on two wheels.

Can you guys explain to me why so many people get caught up with bang for the buck regarding bikes, then those same people will turn around and say that doesn't matter when discussing cars?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Can you guys explain to me why so many people get caught up with bang for the buck regarding bikes, then those same people will turn around and say that doesn't matter when discussing cars?
    I think the reason is because bikes are kind of a niche, which leaves them under-appreciated by most people, who would prefer a proper car with some street cred. Bikes just don't offer that sort of fulfillment to the general population because its sort of a luxury that you can have on the side if there's time and money left over, whereas everybody typically needs a car to get from A-B. That's where "how you get from A-B" comes into play, which is why most of us have that "dream car" or "unicorn" that we want to have. Its easier to notice a flash car than a flash bike. Only the biker population (which is dwarfed by cars) will look twice at your cool Harley, Ducati or what have you. Cars are peoples' first priority, generally speaking.

In my case, when I started out on two wheels, I kind of took that same sense of passion and appreciation that I have for exclusive cars, and I expanded it into the bike scene as well. Thats how I got hooked on Ducatis and MVs. It understandable for a guy like me to have that result though, because I'm equally obsessed with a car brand (ferrari) which just as the Italian bike brands also make equally no sense. It was never a question of worrying about expensive maintenance or horrendous gas mileage. These sort of machines are a love affair to which you're either committed or you aren't.

Been reading the last pages and have to say this: Style will not win you points at the track; unless you want a 10 for a sweet looking crash.

EDIT: You would only get a 9.8 if crashed in one of the piano builders.

EDIT EDIT: I still think a Steinway would be better.
    Last edited by LTSmash; 05-13-2010 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Been reading the last pages and have to say this: Style will not win you points at the track; unless you want a 10 for a sweet looking crash.
    Its a good thing Ducatis do phenomenally well on the track then, to compliment their style . Doesn't much matter how great of a track bike you buy though, if you can't ride then your bike will suck regardless.
    Last edited by DesmoRob; 05-13-2010 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post

EDIT: You would only get a 9.8 if crashed in one of the piano builders.

EDIT EDIT: I still think a Steinway would be better.
    having fun > going fast
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information