Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: friends dad needs help

270 hp..FWD...OMG he's gonna regret that. 250 is the absolute limit before torque steer makes the car unmanageable. I'd say a Lexus IS200.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonutter55
    270 hp..FWD...OMG he's gonna regret that. 250 is the absolute limit before torque steer makes the car unmanageable. I'd say a Lexus IS200.
    Depends, with the latest advancements in FWD suspension geometry the tug from torque steer felt in older FWDs is all but absent. Still, RWD removes the torque steer issue altogether. In anything less than 8/10ths driving, especially on the street, the disadvantages of FWD are invisible. I prefer RWD myself even in a less powerful car but FWD is perfect for the family car. Good in all road conditions, better mileage figures for similar engine/outputs, and safer handling characteristics.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

he isnt to the point of testing yet. he is really just narrowing it down. he also is rather busy, so he will start test driving after its down to 2-4 cars.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    he isnt to the point of testing yet. he is really just narrowing it down. he also is rather busy, so he will start test driving after its down to 2-4 cars.
    Infinity G35
    Cadillac CTS
    Chrysler 300C
    Acura TL
    There tell him to start testing.

300c is off the list, he doesnt like its size, but the cts, the tl, and the g35 are very good candidates. and.......that baised fool, if you spend 10k on an american car you get crap. you spend 30k on an american car, you get something rather good. its just that most of our market is cheap cars, and thats where all the mistake things are.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

I'd still say Lexus

The IS is a great car but size wise its more a competitor with the 3, A4, and smaller even than the TSX. So it's really in a different cat than TL, G35, and larger still CTS.

We don't get the IS200 in the States, only IS300
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    that baised fool, if you spend 10k on an american car you get crap. you spend 30k on an american car, you get something rather good. its just that most of our market is cheap cars, and thats where all the mistake things are.
    Depends, do you mean new cars?
    Cause for 10K i could get countless dragsters (run anywhere from 10-12 seconds)
    Also alot of nice used sports cars.
    But if you mean new, then of course there crap...

Thread Information