Thread: Toyota launches TF107

Toyota launches TF107

Toyota lift the covers off the TF107

Toyota officially unveiled their 2007 car, the TF107, to the world in Cologne, Germany on Friday.

The team was the first of the 11 F1 outfits to present its new car and immediately stated that they hoped this year's challenger would finally yield that elusive first win.

"I have been working at Toyota for more than 30 years and the one thing I have appreciated is Toyota's willingness to accept big challenges," said Toyota President John Howett.

"Panasonic Toyota Racing, its creation and entry into F1, is a good example of that willingness to accept big challenges. We are challenging to create the next chapter in Toyota's motor sport activities.

"It is too early to talk about World Championships and the first major challenge we have is to achieve that first elusive win. And that really is the target we have for 2007.

"We set ourselves extremely challenging targets. It was clear in 2006 we under delivered and our results were unsatisfactory. We take heart from the fact that we started slow, finished quick but had too many reliability problems.

"But we are creating a world class team which will help us achieve our aim of winning a race this year."

The team's 2007 challenger once again sees Toyota sticking with the design philosophy first incorporated in last year's TF106B and the new car therefore retains its predecessor's 'zero-keel' front suspension.

http://www.planet-f1.com/News/Story_...831624,00.html

TF107 technical specifications

Toyota launched their 2007 challenger, the TF107, in Cologne on Friday. Check out the technical specifications of the new car and its RVX-07 engine...

TF107
    Monocoque construction: Moulded carbon fibre and honeycomb construction
    Fuel Tank: ATL safety cell
    Front suspension: Carbon fibre double wishbone arrangement, with carbon fibre trackrod and pushrod.
    Rear suspension: Carbon fibre double wishbone arrangement, with carbon fibre toe link and pushrod.
    Dampers: Penske
    Wheels: BBS forged magnesium
    Tyres: Bridgestone Potenza
    Brake calipers: Brembo
    Brake master cylinders: Brembo
    Braking material: Hitco (carbon/carbon)
    Steering: Toyota power-assisted steering
    Steering wheel: Toyota carbon fibre wheel with Toyota / Magneti Marelli instrument
    Driver seat: Carbon fibre construction, moulded to driver's shape
    Driver restraints: Takata
    Driver HANS device: Toyota design
    Electronic systems: Toyota / Magneti Marelli
    Transmission: 7-speed unit plus reverse

TF107 Technical Specifications
    Wheelbase: 3090mm
    Overall length: 4530mm
    Overall height: 950mm
    Overall width: 1800mm
    Overall weight: 600kg including driver and camera

RVX-07 Technical Specifications
    Designation: RVX-07
    Number of cylinders: 8
    Capacity: 2398cc
    Horsepower: Approximately 740bhp
    Revolutions: Maximum 19,000rpm, as required by FIA rules.
    Valve actuation: Pneumatic
    Throttle actuation: Hydraulic
    Spark Plugs: DENSO
    Fuel: Esso
    Lubricants: Esso

http://www.planet-f1.com/News/Story_...831753,00.html

Pictures also available here: http://www.f1total.com/bilder/cat.ph....y=9&c=07prtoy

Personally, im not really impressed. The sidepods still look too bulky, the rear wing is still mounted on the side rather than the centre. On the positive side though, it looks like theyve tightened the bodywork up around the engine and gearbox (finally) and theyve adopted Ferrari's integrated chimney/airfoil flipup.

The front end looks pretty interesting. Take a look at the front suspension for example, I've never seen anything like it!

The Toyota team thinks they're finally going to win a race this year...I personally doubt it very much. They've been in Formula 1 for what, 5 years now? Plenty of time to win a Grand Prix!
    Last edited by PTRACER; 01-12-2007 at 08:26 AM.
    :: http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/ :: Forum for Modern & Historical Motorsports Discussion, Videos and Pictures ::

The front end's not that radical really, its the same basic zero keel front end McLaren pioneered. Toyota had it last year with the TF106, and the 106B and 107 have subsequently had the pushrod links positioned higher to increase the range of adjustment available.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    wow, new radical design!

F1 cars are so visually boring -.-

It's why other racing divisions are more interesting, more variety.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

I love this time of year. I dont know why, somethen bout new cars. I'm totally pumped about Melbourne this year. Hope Red Bull bring over enough stock this year cos every aussie and there dog (or missus) is going to be drinking the stuff, ESPECIALLY if Webs wins like he should have last year.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

So, has anybody heard of the Rennie leak?

And I bid you good day.
    "That's the first time I've been unhappy to have a bird on my face."

-Jenson Button after having a bird hit him during a preseason practice

Yeah I saw these the other day. Some really interesting looking ideas going on there. I think that front wing looks fabulous, and it's a very clever idea placing the wing mirrors where they are. It'll be interesting to see where they stand in terms of legality. The rules state that the wing-mirrors can NOT be aerodynamic devices. Here they've attached them to an existing aerodynamic device, although the mirrors themselves probably don't have an aerodynamic influence. I'm sure someone's likely to lodge an appeal against them if they make it onto the final car!

Here's another pic, this time of the rear end...

The rear wing here looks quite similar to that of the F2007 from what we could see of it. Ferrari didn't release any pics from the rear so it was hard to get a good look at the rear end.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

On the subject of the mirror there, where does it stop and where does the support start?? You could argue that the 'mirror' is only the piece of glass at the back of the housing....
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Back onto the TF107 for a second though, but so far Ferrari and McLaren have had official launches, and pictures of the new Renault (as posted above) and the new Williams have leaked out, and not surprisingly they all look better and more aggressive than the TF107. Could be another lean year for Toyota.

Thread Information