Thread: Veilside de-ricing?

sleepy hollow (not really, but it might as well be)

Veilside de-ricing?

is it just me, or does the veilside range seem less ricey? they've really gone away from the "Combat" look of the famous VS supra, just take a look at the infiniti G35 kit, and that really really subtle honda S2K one.

www.veilside.com/veilsideusa/

i dunno, not really a hot topic, but i think its interesting. almost as if the VS people saw how ricey everyone thought they were. hmm
    blah.

I love how with these aftermarket bodykits, the companies always claim that they "help the car's aerodynamics".

Quote Originally Posted by fa22_raptor
    I love how with these aftermarket bodykits, the companies always claim that they "help the car's aerodynamics".
    hahaa good one
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Lol nice site, but i really dont like the skyline kit it looks horrible

Most of the Veilside body kits look horrible..the MRS looks pretty cool.

Don't think they improved the G35 any and rear wing is way overdone.

the companies always claim that they "help the car's aerodynamics".
    where does it say this?
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

where does it say this?

Designed for performance with added style and flare, the D1GT Rx8 kit will enhance your performance on the circuit and on the street. The high temperature nature of the rotary engine will benefit greatly from the cooling effect of the bumper and hood working in conjunction.
    ...kit enhances its already streamlined body
    ...who may need the extra pounds of downforce thru those sharp corners.
    This was all found under the "news" section. This is also reinforced by the fact that their kits are called "aero fashion". I'm not sure where I've seen it before, but I've definitely seen other companies who claim this kind of rubbish as well. Sure, the kit may create the tiniest extra bit of downforce, but the drag added is most probably sufficient enough to call the "downforce advantage" negligible.

This was all found under the "news" section. This is also reinforced by the fact that their kits are called "aero fashion". I'm not sure where I've seen it before, but I've definitely seen other companies who claim this kind of rubbish as well. Sure, the kit may create the tiniest extra bit of downforce, but the drag added is most probably sufficient enough to call the "downforce advantage" negligible.
    shouldn't they have been sued for saying stuff that isn't true?
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

The link doesn't work
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

sleepy hollow (not really, but it might as well be)
    no, they can't, because even the slightest statistical gain in downforce, even if neutralized by drag, is still a gain nonetheless. still, it does kind of mislead the buyer. but then anyone with veilside money, would be stupid to not have modified performance firstly anyway.
    blah.

Thread Information