Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barnfind

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    it does generate a lot of extra traffic on the forums (there is a money element to that).

but anyway, here is a view of a Gordini engine room, hopefully WJeep can show us something similar in due time
    Very tidy, my plumber would be proud of that
    UP THE BORO!!!!

it does generate a lot of extra traffic on the forums (there is a money element to that).

but anyway, here is a view of a Gordini engine room, hopefully WJeep can show us something similar in due time
    I see something interesting in the pic you posted Henk. I thought it was only a South African thing to move the radiator to the front of the car because of the extreme temperatures here. And now i see this cars radiator is also moved forward. Is that a pic of a European car or what??
    I'm just an oldhustler trapped in a hotrodders world
    I have been doing so much with so little for so long I can do anything with nothing.
    Fiberglass is traditional.From Malmesbury,South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by willysjeep View Post
    I see something interesting in the pic you posted Henk. I thought it was only a South African thing to move the radiator to the front of the car because of the extreme temperatures here. And now i see this cars radiator is also moved forward. Is that a pic of a European car or what??
    yep, the shot was taken at Zolder in Belgium
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Q TOY View Post
    Not cars that I like particularly but I find the whole barn find thing really interesting. Its crazy how cars can just end up squirelled away for years considering they are such expensive things.

Excelent thread, looking forward to more updates.

A welcome break from all this "Best some crap thing from somwhere of 2008" bollocks.
    Q toy, you will be amazed to hear that i made another startling discovery as well. Some 1200km away from my office i found another macnificent parcel of cars. I'm just working through the hundreds of pix that i've taken on my 8000km journey, then i will post all info
    I have been doing so much with so little for so long I can do anything with nothing.

yep, the shot was taken at Zolder in Belgium
    The only reason, i think, why they move it forward in Europe, is for the advantage of more water in the system.The standard Gordini system utelise only about 6ltrs of water and by moving the radiator you can triple or even more, the amount
    Last edited by willysjeep; 12-03-2008 at 07:20 AM.

The engine gnerates LOTS of heat when tuned.
    So whilst the standard road car would have the rad in the rear you had to move the rad to the front to find the cold air and to make it big enough to dissipate the heat the little engine generated.
    ALL of the rear engined performance cars did it
    So a stock R8 had the rad in the back, the proper Gordini race tuned ones had it in front

PS: you find ANY Alpines esp A110 1800s and keep it a secreL long enough for me to get there, you can have my first born daughter
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 12-03-2008 at 09:00 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

There is only ONE Alpine in South Africa and it belong to a good friend of mine and i've been nagging the rascal for about 20yrs to sell it to me, but nothing. The car is in poor state as well. The last time the engine started was about 18yrs ago. I would love thar car in my Harem

Quote Originally Posted by willysjeep View Post
    Q toy, you will be amazed to hear that i made another startling discovery as well. Some 1200km away from my office i found another macnificent parcel of cars. I'm just working through the hundreds of pix that i've taken on my 8000km journey, then i will post all info
    Can't wait.

Are there cars lying around in barns all over SA or are you some kind of car detective?
    UP THE BORO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Q TOY View Post
    Can't wait.

Are there cars lying around in barns all over SA or are you some kind of car detective?
    My line of business takes me all over SA and all the neighbouring countries. And because of my love for old cars i always keep an eye open for them and i ask questions around. Its amazing what kind of information is available in the only pub in a small country town. The locals normally has a wealth of info.Only thing i need to do is to follow up on the leads

R8 Gordini

Here are some pics of the finished R8 Gordini racing car that we bought from Willysjeep.

Allmost 2 years of swearing and, on the other hand, utter enjoyment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, congrats!
    I hear the RR Gordinis are damn fun to drive.
    Last edited by f6fhellcat13; 08-18-2009 at 12:59 AM.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Don't know yet. I will run the engine in on the Killarney track in Cape Town this Wednesday. Can't wait.

Thread Information