Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Modena Terra di Motori Hi-Res Photoshoot

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    i guess i didn't express myself properly...
    what i was saying, is more or less, this. there were a lot of "grandfather", old men, especially the second day, in the square, looking at the cars. listening to them, to what they was saying an with which attitude, i felt they think to be as good as Enzo Ferrari, probably "one of us" they think, but they didn't have the same opportunities or what else, so they are blaming fate for the fact that now they are looking at a car with the name of a man that was in a way like them.
    so i like to consider the fact they were continuously hindering me from taking the shoots of ferrari's cars as a sort of silly revenge...

i hope my english is good enough this time...
    yeah, this time i got it
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Quote Originally Posted by Gt1Street View Post
    Unfortunatly that is most oftenly the case in car displays
    true but flip screen LCDs on cameras help (like mine)

Quote Originally Posted by alex1485 View Post
    true but flip screen LCDs on cameras help (like mine)
    because they can see through ropes right ?

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

i was thinking the same...

if a rope is at 1 centimeter from the car, there's no way to avoid it to be a part of your shoot. look at the pics of the pantera gts, for example.
    on the other side, is easier to "momently" move a rope than to kick the grandpa...but i enjoy both, when i have some spare time and no one is watching
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

no, because you can lift it way over your head and angle the flip screen so you see what you are taking a pic of, and angle it around the ropes (assuming the ropes aren't too close to the car)

example: "part 5" on page 8, the 3/4 outside angle pictures on the orange pangani wouldn't have been cut

its not like we can't do it aswell, it just might take a try or two.
    but that's not the case since its not the angle you seek after mostly

no, because you can lift it way over your head and angle the flip screen so you see what you are taking a pic of, and angle it around the ropes (assuming the ropes aren't too close to the car)

example: "part 5" on page 8, the 3/4 outside angle pictures on the orange pangani wouldn't have been cut
    the fact is that if you want a frontal angle of a low shot, there's no way to avoid the ropes even with a flip screen. i'm sure in some cases it can be very useful but i also think it makes you taking shoot from different angles from the one that should be good in a particular occasion just because "you can".
    my opinion: the ropes are there, and it's silly to take pics with unnatural angles just to make them disappear, people would think. oh, this shoot is so high just because i cannot see the ropes which i know are there. and then, you would always see the car from this high shot, which is a little strange.

try it before you disprove of the screen, it has helped me, and it would help you (even if you didn't use it, it would still be there as a "just in case" - just like having too much memory)

and then, you would always see the car from this high shot, which is a little strange.
    not really. Just another perspective, but i guess i'm more picky than you on shots (of cars i might not see again).

its not like we can't do it aswell, it just might take a try or two.
    but that's not the case since its not the angle you seek after mostly
    sure, i never said that, but maybe by then, you won't have a chance to shoot or too many people would be in the way or the perfect lighting would change.

try it before you disprove of the screen, it has helped me, and it would help you (even if you didn't use it, it would still be there as a "just in case" - just like having too much memory)
    first of all, i had a camera with a flip screen, and i found it useless, so i do disprove of the screen.

not really. Just another perspective, but i guess i'm more picky than you on shots (of cars i might not see again).
    second, i would appreciate you to write you thoughts in a single post and not in three different ones, otherwise i could think you are doing int his way to improve the number of your posts.

sure, i never said that, but maybe by then, you won't have a chance to shoot or too many people would be in the way or the perfect lighting would change.
    third: taking a pic with a different angle thanks to the flip screen, imo is like to loose the shoot because of people or of lacking of light.

first of all, i had a camera with a flip screen, and i found it useless, so i do disprove of the screen.

second, i would appreciate you to write you thoughts in a single post and not in three different ones, otherwise i could think you are doing int his way to improve the number of your posts.

third: taking a pic with a different angle thanks to the flip screen, imo is like to loose the shoot because of people or of lacking of light.
    i didn't do the 3 posts intentionally, and i don't care about post count, to be honest. thats cool that flip screens didn't help you, they help me for making a poitn and shoot camera not so limited and more flexible than a DSLR for static non moving shots

PS- is taking a pic with a flip screen "imo is like to loose the shoot because of people or of lacking of light." I don't get that. It might be your english barrier. But hey, if you want to be limited and not try to get the best shots possible, go ahead! I was just trying to help you. But apparently you don't need it
    Last edited by alex1485; 04-30-2008 at 10:10 PM.

PS- is taking a pic with a flip screen "imo is like to loose the shoot because of people or of lacking of light." I don't get that. It might be your english barrier. But hey, if you want to be limited and not try to get the best shots possible, go ahead! I was just trying to help you. But apparently you don't need it
    my english could be not good as your, and i know, and i am trying to improve it. and my ability with a camera is far from being professional, but i think i am improving it. the tip: change your new camera (350 €) with one with a flip screen, it could not be a good tip, and i neither think that a camera with the flip screen is what could make my ability "not limited". i am fine with my camera and i don't like flip screen by now, it's a personal opinion, but i am not saying that you should get a camera without the flip screen, you can have your own opinion, and that's fine for me.

One thing that I've noticed with my Nikon DSLR is that it's extremely hard to take pictures unless I have my eye to the viewfinder. Difficult angles are hard to take pictures. How do you guys take pictures when you don't have the "live view" feature in a DSLR?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    One thing that I've noticed with my Nikon DSLR is that it's extremely hard to take pictures unless I have my eye to the viewfinder. Difficult angles are hard to take pictures. How do you guys take pictures when you don't have the "live view" feature in a DSLR?
    thats why i don't use a DSLR for static shots. To answer your question, guestimate....

PS- leon of the dead, fine with me.

Thread Information