Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your ride recently?

yeah. would probably have had it running now if it wasn't for the body work. can assemble the suspension and running gear in my sleep now..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

^^^ I have a Clubman, it's a bit chavy, we brought i modded because it was so cheap, solid car and if i want in a few years i can de chavit.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Just installed a iPhone link adapter for my car stereo. No more messing about with CD's finally. Charges the phone, plays music, and is controllable through the steering wheel controls.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    is controllable through the steering wheel controls.
    Good purchase. That in particular is a great feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    Just installed a iPhone link adapter for my car stereo. No more messing about with CD's finally. Charges the phone, plays music, and is controllable through the steering wheel controls.
    Though it isn't really my car, I bought an iPod adapter for my Dad's car last summer and it is really really nice not to have to listen to what the radio wants or the endless commercials they play.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Did you use the right/enough oil?
    5 quarts of high mileage Could it be the timing maybe?

Did you change the timing? Not knowing how much your car takes (or how much a quart is..) I'd just suggest checking the dipstick to make sure it's at the right spot. A rubbish idle could be a bunch of things.. dodgy air flow/oxygen sensor, fouled plugs, timing, oil...
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

No, i didn't change the timing bc it didn't start actin up until just now (a whole week after the oil change). And my bad, i didn't know a quart was part of the Imperial system, 1 quart = .946 L I'll take a look at the dipstick tomorrow before i go to work, i really doubt i'm out but you never know, i'm hopin that might be the case bc my plugs are a bitch and a half to get to and an oxygen sensor sounds expensive

Depends on the sensor - when my Volvo was running rough occasionally it was the air flow sensor in the air intake, so real easy to replace. Here, this may help:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmtUWvvZCaw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmtUWvvZCaw[/ame]
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

MAF sensor's usually run around $75-150 and are one of the easiest fixes to engine problems. You can also get a spray can of cleaner, take it out and follow the directions on the can to clean it. This is a cheaper $10 option that might work. You may also want to make sure the thing is plugged in. I went 3 miles once with the wires unpluged and it made such a massive difference I went straight to the auto shop to read the thrown code.
    -Carrol Shelby

Thanks for the vid, i checked my oil and it needs half a quart but it's always out of oil so that's not causing the problem. After watching the video and seeing how black that O2 sensor was, it makes sense that that could be the problem with my car bc i haven't changed mine since i bought it (almost 5 yrs ago). Again, thanks for your help

Dont change it until after you try cleaning it. How many miles are on your car?
    -Carrol Shelby

i don't know for sure, my odometer quit turning after 143,000 miles, i'm guessing 200,000 easily though. And yeah i was def. gonna clean it first, no sense in spending $100 when a tenth of that could possibly fix the problem

Thread bump!

About to go swap out the radiator, fans, and water pump. If it's not one thing, it's the other.
    Turning money into memories.

Replaced the Engine oil and tranny fluid in my '05 Nissan Altima last week. I have like 5 gallons of motor oil/tranny fluid to burn off now. I really should get a big old metal garbage can instead of dumping that shit in my firepit. lol

And "easy o2 sensor fix" really depends on the car. it can be incredibly difficult to do on, for example, a dodge truck. Its a true pain in the ass
    Last edited by Magnum9987; 08-20-2011 at 10:27 AM.
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Thread Information