Thread: 2010 Techno Classica Report and Slideshow ...

2010 Techno Classica Report and Slideshow ...

Earlier this month the vast Messe Essen exhibition centre was packed to capacity with classic cars, parts and accessories. The occasion was the 22nd annual Techno Classica, the world's largest show of its type. Over 170,000 visitors traveled to the German city to get a closer look at the stands of the 1,100 exhibitors. There were so many classic cars present that quite a few had to be displayed on the parking lots next to the dozen halls.
    While most exhibitors were at the Techno Classica to flock their wares, there were also clubs and manufacturers that showed some if their finest cars. Mercedes-Benz dominated the first hall with a vast display celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Mercedes(-Benz) sports cars. In addition to the production cars, the company also brought the unique C111 and C112 concept cars. Other manufacturers that were on hand with prominent displays were Alfa Romeo, BMW, Mini and the Volkswagen Group.
    Much of the remainder of the available space was allocated to a wide variety of dealers. Some opted to pack as many cars on their stand as possible but fortunately there were also several that left some space between the cars. Among the best was Hall & Hall who had an interesting selection of cars on display, highlighted by the unique Sokol 650. This Grand Prix car was built for the son of Joseph Stalin immediately after the War by former Mercedes-Benz and Auto Union engineers. Auctioneer RM Auctions used the Techno Classica as an in-the-metal preview for the upcoming Monaco sale. Their display was dominated by the BMW 328 'Buegelfalte' Roadster that we featured earlier in the week.
    We worked our way through the twelve halls and corridors of the Messe Essen for our full report, which is illustrated by a 100-shot gallery.

Enjoy the links:

2010 Techno Classica Report and Slideshow
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I wanted to go there... but sadly, it was the day of my grandma's birthday... and her most obvious aspect is a complete lack of humour when it comes to the visit of classic car shows. She hates all cars (even her own). Not a friendly granny. Was anybody there and `took some photos?
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Try clicking on the link in the first post.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Great shots and report! I wish they had events like that in NA. When I was living in Vegas they always advertised auto expositions (for a moment I would get excited in anticipation of seeing some real beauties and classics) but they were always just a bunch of class-less tuners and pimp my ride-type autos; nothing as exquisite as your visit.

Just another reason why UCP ranks highest in my list of the best auto related websites. Keep up the fantastic work!

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Great shots and report! I wish they had events like that in NA. When I was living in Vegas they always advertised auto expositions (for a moment I would get excited in anticipation of seeing some real beauties and classics) but they were always just a bunch of class-less tuners and pimp my ride-type autos; nothing as exquisite as your visit.

Just another reason why UCP ranks highest in my list of the best auto related websites. Keep up the fantastic work!
    You probably got something like this over there too, surely it's not among the most advertised events (as it is over here btw).
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information