Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: V8 Supercars: Rnd11 Gillette V8 Supercar challenge, Indy 300

V8 Supercars: Rnd11 Gillette V8 Supercar challenge, Indy 300

The V8's will be tearing up the streets of the Gold Coast alongside the Champ Cars this weekend for round 11 as the championship is heating up after Bathurst. Steven Richards and Jason Bright have taken huge hits to their championship hopes after finishing Bathurst outside of the top 10, whilst championship leader Marcos Ambrose finished a strong 4th with Rick Kelly winning, although still with a fair points margin between himself and Ambrose. I dare say Ambrose will be pushing hard to the end, and perhaps even hoping for the off chance he can secure his 2nd, consecutive title in his home state of Tasmania for Rnd12, Tasmania triple challenge.
    I am the Stig

Glad the V8's are there or this race could be a borring one, The champ cars just don't do it for me anymore they are missing something now
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

i friggin missed the first race, and im really wishing i caught it.......a bit going on between rick kelly and ambrose it seems, ambrose claims towards the end he was giving rick the oportunity to unlap himself, but he just gept getting into the back of his bumper, and rick thinks ambrose brake tested him towards the checkered flag
    I am the Stig

Trust me he gave him a mouthfull and it wasn't nice sounding, If it was louder they would have been beeping him out he said a few F's in there

well its going to the stewards, so hopefully any of the penalties are only monetary, not championship points, although ambrose was alone out there as far as the championship contenders went...
    I am the Stig

Little slap on the rist thats all you bad boy naugty boy you slap slap
    But that first corner was hell with marcus and mark,,,, they didnt wanna give up so they ended up going straight together, first corner trying to out brake each other But then skaife lost brakes which isnt good for APracing and thats all she rote

ambrose admitted he let skaife out infront of him for that one to save an impact, but it payed off for him later in the race......its a circuit thats heavy on the brakes, so although theres alot of gain there, i wouldnt want to be trying to outbrake anyone on all the corners
    I am the Stig

What was Rick Kelly doing out there today,I think he thought it was smash up derby,he should have adrive thru penalty via the North Pole
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

what did he do? i havent seen the 2nd race yet
    I am the Stig

He turned John bowe around and slammed jason Bright into a wall.....and in other v8 related new David Besnard had a good race in the champ cars he finished 7th in his first ever drive in one...and he done it in a reynor chassis...prehaps we might have another aussie in the catigory (1st in 4 years)

Well it seems the stewards decided that Ambrose did "brake Test" Kelly after the checkered flag and they gave him & SBR a hefty $10,000 fine for it, and as for the verbal abuse on Rick, im supprised they didn't give him another penalty for "Bringing the sport into dissrepute" it was pretty uncalled for, he should be able to handle the preasure, he's the reigning champ. Im not to sure what he was swearing about, the Nudge on Ingal or being on his bumper.

Anywho, great result for Murph. Lets hope Ambrose has a DNF at his home track.

thats fairly small for Ambrose though, probably thought it was worth the trouble. Either way, Rick Kelly being a lap down and trying to put the pressure on Ambrose to get him to slip up is whats uncalled for, you could barely here what was going on between them, what Skaife and Ingall got up to was bringing the sport into disrepute, this'll get more viewers at Tasmania
    I am the Stig

No penalty for Kelly putting Bright into the wall, yet. Apparantly the hearing will be heard in Tasmania. As far as I concerned he needs to sit out a round and think hard about it. The first or second round next year will do - where it hurts his championship the most.
    By far the worst bit of driving I've seen this year, and it got less coverage than the Ambrose fine!!
    I won't repeat what Ingall said about Kelly here. Most of you probably heard it. Lets just say I agree.
    Hope the stewards do their job properly and Kelly gets sat on hard. I know he's showed remorse - so a 1 round ban rather than a 3 round ban should be appropriate.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

I think i know the one, but for those who dont heres a hint: someone might say the same for Steven Johnson, Paul Weel and Simon Wills in the same position.

Well if they look back at previous things, he could get the same 12 month suspended sentence Ingall and Skaife got, although its a difference situation in a couple of ways. I was talking about what he was doing with Ambrose in the first race with one of my friends at school, and although we couldnt agree on what was going on there, we both reckoned he had something going on by a)thinking he can get away with putting pressure on Ambrose whilst a lap down b) spinning Bowe, and according to Bowe, continuing to push untill he was out of the way c) spinning Ingall and d) almost giving Bright a concussion in an area of track thats a no pass area......Kinda reminds me of the Dumbrell/McConville incident at Adelaide...

Maybe as part of the 2005 rules as a result of Bright's crash, they'll put the HANS device as mandatory, Bright accredited being able to walk away from the accident to the device.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    thats fairly small for Ambrose though, probably thought it was worth the trouble. Either way, Rick Kelly being a lap down and trying to put the pressure on Ambrose to get him to slip up is whats uncalled for, you could barely here what was going on between them, what Skaife and Ingall got up to was bringing the sport into disrepute, this'll get more viewers at Tasmania
    This is a championship here and there are teams, I dont realy see how what Kelly done was uncalled for, he could have passed Ambrose and then slowed and held him up for Murph, either way some people are going to be happy and some people aint'.
    Last edited by Waatz; 10-26-2004 at 10:32 PM.
    UCP's Biggest Murph Fan, dont tell him though, he might think im a bit gay.

Thats me and Murph on the left. Im the taller one.

Thread Information