Thread: Question for Nordschleife Lapping Fees....

Question for Nordschleife Lapping Fees....

On the website it says something about a fee of 16 Euro for cars, and a seperate fee for laps(something like 56 Euro for 4 laps). Does this fee applies on a PER CAR basis, regardless of the passenger on board?

yes, it is per car. The pitfalls of a lap there include:

High risk of getting involved in an accident, either because of your overestimating your capabilities, or most likely other people doing that, it is free access for every idiot who pays.
    You will be asked to pay repairs for any damage caused by you (i.e. armco etc) and they will charge you to the full.
    Damage to your car will not be covered by any insurance policy.

what they probably mean on the site is one lap will cost you 16 Euro and you can have 4 for 56, so a rebate of 8 Euros
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I am just planning for a Trip in July, since the SAE team will be in England the week before and we are spending a week in Europe, we thought it may be a good idea to visit Nordshleife on the Thur and go catch the LMES 1000KM's practice and walk the paddock on Fri then do something for 1/2 day on Sat then back to England on Sun to catch the plane back to Canada.....

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac
    I am just planning for a Trip in July, since the SAE team will be in England the week before and we are spending a week in Europe, we thought it may be a good idea to visit Nordshleife on the Thur and go catch the LMES 1000KM's practice and walk the paddock on Fri then do something for 1/2 day on Sat then back to England on Sun to catch the plane back to Canada.....
    If you contact any of the MANY race teams around London ( I'm presuing you are flying via Heathrow ) then you copudl maybe get access for the group. Engineers love showign their bits and talking
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I know McLaren's tour costs $$, so does Honda....We'll only be in England from 3rd on and will be heading for Bruntingthrope and stay there for most of the week(I think we'll be leaving on Sunday or Monday), then we'll be in Holland for the first part of the week and I am thinking to go to the Ring to cap off the week....

I'll be at all the LMS events this season, so keep me posted on your plans!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

You bet Wouter, would love to meet up on your turf!

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac
    You bet Wouter, would love to meet up on your turf!
    I'm very interested in your insights on these racing cars.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

BTW, anyone knows of any cheap accomodation in the area as well? Open to any suggestion.....

Go to any of the MANY Nordschliefe fan sites ( about half of which seem to be British members )
    http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/ has LOTS of info
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thanks for the site!

Thread Information