Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why You Should Own A Corvette

I drove a B class all day. I... I can't say it puts a smile on your face to drive but the interior is another world compared to our '13 Mazda 3.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    you make me feel young, not having the slightest need to "touch the interior" or to use a bluetooth type of equipment. I have my radio control on a lever at the wheel, never use it, only the on-of button and the knob to turn up the volume.
    And yes the interior you are showing, is how things should be. Or with a dash like this.
    I agree that some of the infotainment/gadgets are unnecessary, like having internet in the car or automatic lights/wipers, but others improve the driving relaxedness. I for instance tend to get lost relatively easy. I wonder how people got to places at all before the introduction of the sat-nav.

As for the touching thing, well driving a car does involve touching at least some parts of interior, doesn't it? So on that basis it's better that they are covered in nice materials.

This reminds me of our Hyundai, which is the basic-spec model. This means manual air con, no bluetooth, standard radio, no leather steering or gear knob. You could argue that it does the same as the Mercedes-Benz, but at the same time it so doesn't...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I drove a B class all day. I... I can't say it puts a smile on your face to drive but the interior is another world compared to our '13 Mazda 3.
    I've been driving the A-Class lately and I can only agree. In fact I could forgive it almost everything, except the ride. The ride ruins everything, even the superb atmosphere created inside the car.

By the way, today I tried out the new Skyactiv Mazda 3, which incidentally happens to have a good interior too.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I wonder how people got to places at all before the introduction of the sat-nav.
    very simple, and like I still do. Using a road map and following the signs. Knowing a thing or two about geography does help too. A road trip used to be and should still be considered as a journey, and proper travelers prepare for a journey.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

GPS is a crutch that I attempt to stay away form. I like to look at my phone before I leave and try to remember the directions. I've a good sense of direction and like to work out my brain as opposed to having a disturbing monotonic female voice bark directions at me every 5 seconds.

I think what I'd like in a car interior would be very high end comfortable leather materials, analog gauges, no screen, an excellent sound system, USB, Aux, CD, Bluetooth audio, swathes of leather, no plastic, shiny metal.

As for the rest of the car, a very comfortably riding mix of a GT/Sportscar, I6 or V8 up front with between 3-5L, and RWD. 6 speed manual.

GPS is a crutch that I attempt to stay away form. I like to look at my phone before I leave and try to remember the directions. I've a good sense of direction and like to work out my brain as opposed to having a disturbing monotonic female voice bark directions at me every 5 seconds.

I think what I'd like in a car interior would be very high end comfortable leather materials, analog gauges, no screen, an excellent sound system, USB, Aux, CD, Bluetooth audio, swathes of leather, no plastic, shiny metal.

As for the rest of the car, a very comfortably riding mix of a GT/Sportscar, I6 or V8 up front with between 3-5L, and RWD. 6 speed manual.
    This. So much.

I love the big, analog needles in the C6's gauges as much as I dislike the new digital dash in the C7. I realize that a digital dash can convey a larger amount of diverse information, but, damn it, I just like a good set of analog gauges with huge needles.

Sound system I can do without. They don't work well in convertibles anyway. Aside from that the C6 is my preferred long-distance driver; it even gets decent mileage despite the 7L.
    Turning money into memories.

I am a sucker for high quality wood too.

I am a sucker for high quality wood too.
    then buy a Morgan, you'll get wood everywhere.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    then buy a Morgan, you'll get wood everywhere.
    But can a Morgan do Bluetooth?
    Visca Catalunya!

But can a Morgan do Bluetooth?
    I thought we already deemed that to be irrelevant.

What are your opinions on the GM total recall?

It angers me that the US government bailed out a company that cared so little about safety in its customers. It seemed like the government and media were much more concerned when Toyota had its acceleration issues and while there is concern with GM, there doesn't seem to be as much concern.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    What are your opinions on the GM total recall?

It angers me that the US government bailed out a company that cared so little about safety in its customers. It seemed like the government and media were much more concerned when Toyota had its acceleration issues and while there is concern with GM, there doesn't seem to be as much concern.
    Well, Toyota has 8,700 employees in the US while GM has about 68,000. Also Toyota's US profits go to Japan, while GM US profits (all others) stay in the US.

On that basis there's probably less interest in GM failing than in Toyota failing.
    Visca Catalunya!

Well, Toyota has 8,700 employees in the US while GM has about 68,000. Also Toyota's US profits go to Japan, while GM US profits (all others) stay in the US.

On that basis there's probably less interest in GM failing than in Toyota failing.
    Bah, I posted this in the wrong thread. I was going to post it in the State of the Car thread. Lemme copy and paste it there.

You're right though, but it seems like GM just doesn't give a crap about its customers.

Moved to the state of the car thread.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I like a high fidelity sound system.
    Thats why I remove those provided and install replacements myself.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

(I am indeed getting fed up with the MX-5... )
    (Autoquote FTW)

I have regained appreciation for my car.

Again.

It occurred to me the other day as I was driving along, I started enjoying the crisp turn ins, the communicative steering, the short throw gearbox, etc.

And then it became clear.

Yes, with a box I'd be less annoyed most of the time, but on that magic 10% I'd be completely frustrated. My car is very annoying most of the time, but on that 10% it becomes just what you want.

So I guess I'll be keeping it for a little bit longer.

Lunatic Mediterranean indeed.

Cheers.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information