Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 24 Hours of Le Mans, LMS and ALMS news

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Oh, I managed to miss that.
    perhaps because you are not on the Oak Racing mailing list...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Aston Martin Racing will sit out the 2010 season. At least one of the 2009 cars will be run by Signature Plus, presumably with a certain level of Works support. More on autosport.com: autosport.com - Le Mans News: Aston Martin set to sit out 2010 season
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Mulsanne's Corner News, November/December 2009

According to this(apparently from RCE) that Peugeot is still working on a 2011 car, so parallel I guess with the Oreca car....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Porsche drops Le Mans hint - Autocar.co.uk
    so the new 2011 Audi will be branded Porsche...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Porsche drops Le Mans hint - Autocar.co.uk
    so the new 2011 Audi will be branded Porsche...
    What makes you think that? It said "no reason why Porsche and Audi couldn't race against each other at Le Mans" not that Audi will be a branded Porsche. Unless I am missing something.
    "Consider all things - the events of your past and the possibilities for tommorow.
    Let nothing stop you from becoming the architect of your future." - Nicholas Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Reason View Post
    What makes you think that? It said "no reason why Porsche and Audi couldn't race against each other at Le Mans" not that Audi will be a branded Porsche. Unless I am missing something.
    my suspicious mind...I can't see a diesel Audi fighting a petrol Porsche

especially now they are actually the same company?

I think if Audi can't get R15 to work this year, they might just quit Le Mans for the time being...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    especially now they are actually the same company?

I think if Audi can't get R15 to work this year, they might just quit Le Mans for the time being...
    They are already out of Sebring right?
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Motorsport.com: News channel

So, first foray for the Acura in LMS. Wonder how it'll do, consider this car was more than a match for Porsche in ALMS...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    They are already out of Sebring right?
    Because they are not ready updating their car.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Motorsport.com: News channel

So, first foray for the Acura in LMS. Wonder how it'll do, consider this car was more than a match for Porsche in ALMS...
    Time to call them Honda now...but this is good news for them as the Porsche seems to be absent in 2010. The Quiffel Zytek should be a worthy opponent.
    In essence though it is a manufacturer entering a class for privateers, which is actually not good. But assuming that in 2011 the LMP class will use 3.4/3.5 liter engines this might be test year for them.

Corvette Racing's boss Doug Fehan has confirmed that the C6.R racing at Sebring will feature a new 5.5L engine.

Beechdean and Mansell sign Le Mans partnership

Zytek press release:

Leading UK GT race team Beechdean Motorsport has entered into a long term partnership with Nigel Mansell to form Beechdean Mansell Motorsport, with the long term aim of acheiving glory at the Le Mans 24 Hours. The Buckinghamshire based team will run a factory supported Ginetta-Zytek GZ09S Le Mans Prototype in the 2010 Le Mans Series for Nigel’s sons Leo and Greg, with the 1992 Formula One World Champion joining them behind the wheel at several events including the Silverstone 1000km in September and, subject to receiving an entry, at the 2010 Le Mans 24 Hours in June.

The LMP1 car will be run with full factory support from Derbyshire based Zytek Engineering, one of the world’s leading motorsport and automotive engineering companies. Zytek will provide Beechdean Motorsport with full engineering and development for the Le Mans Prototype throughout the season.

Leo and Greg Mansell go into next year with a consistent 2009 season under their belts. Greg Mansell competed in the World Series by Renault but also found time to share a Ginetta-Zytek LMP1 with his father and Lawrence Tomlinson at the 2009 Silverstone 1000KM. Older brother Leo spent 2009 racing in the Le Mans Series in a Team Modena Ferrari 430 GT, finishing the season 3rd overall in GT2 alongside teammate Antonio Garcia. Leo has already competed in the Le Mans 24 Hours, taking the chequered flag in the world’s greatest sportscar event at his first attempt.

Nigel Mansell said: “I’m very happy to announce this partnership between myself and Beechdean Motorsport. The team comes fresh to the Le Mans Series with an impeccable pedigree and with full support from Zytek Engineering and I’m looking forward to working closely with Andrew and his team. I am very excited about 2010 and the prospect of racing with both my sons for the first time. I can confirm that I will be racing with Leo and Greg during the season and if we receive an entry we will also be racing at the Le Mans 24 Hours as a father and sons team.”

Beechdean Motorsport Team Principle, Andrew Howard said: “It has been an ambition of mine to race a Le Mans Prototype ever since we started racing GTs and competing at the Le Mans 24 Hours is the ultimate goal. It’s a dream come true for our young team to enter into a partnership with one of the sports most famous names in the first year at this level. Nigel brings a huge wealth of knowledge and experience to the team, with Leo and Greg, already established as accomplished race drivers in their own right, forming an integral part of the intensive development programme we are now setting in motion with Zytek. We will begin testing early in the new year and 2010 already promises to be an exciting and dynamic year for Beechdean Motorsport, the Mansell family and Zytek. We can’t wait to get started!”

(Ted Joans)

Marino Franchitti has signed with Highcroft as third driver for the long races and as a test driver for the complete season: AUTO-RACING - ALMS: Highcroft Signs Marino Franchitti - SPEEDtv.com

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information