39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Red.

21 53.85%
  • Orange.

18 46.15%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red or Orange enzo?

Red or Orange enzo?

Me and some other people want to know if this enzo is red or orange. Vote know! I think it's orange.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by carlover; 04-10-2004 at 08:52 AM.

Maybe the sun ligth make him look orange ..... but i think he his realy orange ....

Arrow

red, cos of the light it looks like orange but it isnt. Cool car anyway, i sat in it at the amsterdam motorshow,really cool!!!!!!!!(took me 1:30 hours of waiting , only 3 per hour on the stand/hundreds waiting!!)

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Flying without wings

red.

There is a significant 'bloom' on the edges, I think it's a not so great camera and hasn't the range to handle reds cleanly. So it ends up looking orange.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

But if it just the lighting, then what colour is the car on the left? It's red, right? I don't know what colour the Enzo is but chances are it is red because I have never seen an orange Enzo
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

wolf03 has got a good point, its orange

Quote Originally Posted by deffenbaugh03
    wolf03 has got a good point, its orange
    Doesn't work if the camera has poor red registration.
    Then the range of reds will come out exagerated.
    Agfa Slide film had this issue in the 70s
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I think its orange, just look at everthing around it and in the background, it all appears to have normal and natural colours. The best example is the red car beside it, and the colour of peoples skin, if it was not true colours, then they wouldn't show up correctly. Is it really that inconcievable that someone painted their Enzo orange?

it's most definately red, because i can't detect any yellow in the paint, it's just bad lighting. it would be cool if there was an orange Enzo though
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

RED, simply because as some of you have said, ive never seen this car before if it was orange. And everyone would know if it was, its a shame it didnt have the registration plate on, that way we could find out anyway a blind man would be glad to see it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cp01ae
    I think its orange, just look at everthing around it and in the background, it all appears to have normal and natural colours. The best example is the red car beside it, and the colour of peoples skin, if it was not true colours, then they wouldn't show up correctly. Is it really that inconcievable that someone painted their Enzo orange?
    Explain those purple jumpers - NO ONE would buy something that gross would they

Red is a difficult colour for cameras and often ends up incorrectly captured/reproduced.
    Photographers have struggled with it for over 50 years

I just posted this in another thread:

That looks photoshopped to me... it's a little fuzzy around some of the edges. It was most likely someone not trying to fool anyone; rather, they were just curious about how it would look in orange, and did a (very simple) hue/saturation conversion. You can make basically any red object look realistically orange.

EDIT: UWR posted this a loooong time ago:

The orange is not orange it is just poor colours on the phot showing a red colour.
    The correct Ferrari Red colour is Rosso Corsa DS 322.
    The Scuderia Rosso - (not Rosso dino or the like) is the Italian National Motorsports colour like the British Racing green in England.

The Enzo is offered in any colour - following is standard colours:
    Rosso Corsa
    Tour de France blue - metallic blue
    Blu Pozzi - dark blue
    Giallo Modena - Yellow
    Nero - Black
    Argento Nurburging - Silver
    Nuovo Nero Daytona - Metallic black
    Rosso Scuderia - Racing red

Then there are the non standard colours which are the same avaiable for 575M, 612 & 360 among other the White.

And for extra payment you can even mix your own colour on a piece of paper and have the car painted in that colour if you like.
    How about a purple metallic? Anyone got Photoshop...

And just to set records completely clear, the real Ferrari colour is Giallo Modena - Yellow,as a tribute to Modena City, who´s colour is also Yellow (hence the name Giallo Modena)
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 04-10-2004 at 01:11 PM.

People people, there's a red car right next to the Enzo and you can see clearly the difference.

Angle/flash/light/weatherCondition/ etc etc etc I find it hard that a camera can change the color of the car SO drastically, specially if the one right next to it is as red as it gets.

Think about it for a sec.

I think it's orange.

Despite being such an eaily-photshopped picture, all of us (including myself) who voted red are actually wrong . I did a little background research.

This is real Orange/Black - Rosso Dino/Nero (interior) Enzo. It is the only one of that colour, and is owned by an American. I guarantee that this is a real orange Enzo.

Anyone who votes red after this post is either stupid, or didn't read this

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Despite being such an eaily-photshopped picture, all of us (including myself) who voted red are actually wrong . I did a little background research.

This is real Orange/Black - Rosso Dino/Nero (interior) Enzo. It is the only one of that colour, and is owned by an American. I guarantee that this is a real orange Enzo.

Anyone who votes red after this post is either stupid, or didn't read this
    it still doesn't look very orange to me though, more red-orange. still looks orangeish to me, but this is waht orange should look like....
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Thread Information