Got the game 2 days ago, here's what I think.

This game is very similar to the original Test Drive Unlimited in many ways.

Just like the old Test Drive Unlimited, the game has very many roads, and very many cars. However, due to the amount of content that the game has, the quality of the graphix had to suffer.

Game play wise, it is also very similar to the old TDU. Free roam feature is great, physics is average, and well race types are quite similar to the original. Online is very simple to use, and unlike the old TDU, you have many people driving online at any one time, and once in a while, you'll be challenged, or invited to an event.

In this game, they added a sort of storyline, where the races you compete in are organized by something called "Solar Crown", and you have pink slip challenges, and license earning events.

It's flaws are very similar to the ones in the original. 2 of which I've mentioned above; the graphix and the physics. They seemed to have tried to imitate simulation physics, yet the game clearly isn't a simulation, so that, in my opinion, takes away some of the "fun" factor.

Overall, this is exactly what the game's title suggests; an improvement over TDU1. It has another island, more cars, the car models are made MUCH better, and the things you can do to the cars is more detailed, such as opening the roof in a convertible. It's more stable to run, there are more race modes, and generally, it's just more polished.

This is just my opinion on the game. I really think it is a true petrolhead's game :-)

Looking forward to driving round with some of UCP's members!