Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BMW M3 vs. Audi RS4, Your Comparison

The M3 Limousine also has the front end of the Coupe, unlike regular 3er Limousines.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Having driven both on a couple of occasions: M3. It feels docile at first - the 135i actually felt more fun - but it wins on closer inspection. The engine needs revs though.
    Turning money into memories.

bmw m3 just looks better

rs4 all day long

i had the choice of the pair test drove them both they both very good cars but i went for the audi found it more comy to drive n the layout of the audi interior is 10 times that of the m3 looks very basic for a car that costs 60k but in terms of performance not much 2 chose between them i also felt the audi handled a little better

Since I was little, we've always had small, fast german cars. My mom had a E36 M3 growing up and then an E46 M3 a couple years before I went to college. My dad always has had Audis and such. He has the RS4 and has converted my mom from a BMW fan to a Audi fan. I, actually have not driven it for I was away at school while he'd boughten it and while I was home I kind of forgot to ask about it. However I tell him my R32 is just a mini RS4 and I'm happy with that. Frankly, I too would choose the RS4. Having ridden in it a billion times and having driven the M3, the M3 rattles, breaks frequently, sounds like garbage, has terrible paint, my R32 has a better interior, it has no back seat space for the ladies, and a really notchy shifter. The RS4 is exactly opposite of that minus the rear seat room thing but I look past it because it has four doors. Just my opinion though.

I prefer BMW M3, maybe because since i was a child it have been a dream for me

I"ve driven (not owned) an RS4 and while the speed and engine are great, the 4WD system in my opinion was FAR to cautious and killed most the the excitment. You really had to push hard to get somewhere. I've never driven an M3 but I have spent time in a 330ci and that was better than the RS4 by a mile. The engine was extremely responsive and at any time, speed or corner it just gives you the feeling it's ready to do anything from a minscule slide to a giant drift if you're at a trackday.

This is one of the hardest questions just now. Both are designed for similar things but go about it differently. The M3 is probably better on the absolute limit with the V8 howling away at 8500rpm and tires smoking. However the RS4 would be better from point to point and in most situations. More grip and therefore handy in the dry, wet and snow and ice. The Audis seem to be stronger and better screwed together than BMWs also.
    If I lived in Spain, France or Italy then I'd take the M3 because the weather and road conditions are usually more favourable. However since I stay in the UK, I'd have the RS4.

I actually prefer the C 63... because of it's sheer lunacy. I just like the looks, the sound, and pretty much everything else about it. The RS4 is just to bland for me, and the M3...well, it has a V8. In my opinion, a real M3 should have a straight six. Hopefully BMW will correct this one little problem with the next gen.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

I agree that engine in the M3 is wrong, but the original had a four.
    Visca Catalunya!

I may have read that the next M3 will be using a turbocharged I6. I can't exactly remember, but it would make sense along with the whole downsizing engine size while increasing power theme that's going on currently.

That no matter how good it will be, will be wrong too.

Altough well, I guess turbo help big, fat cars...
    Visca Catalunya!

Please...just make it a lighter car. The current is a fattie.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

The days of N/A are rapidly coming to an end I'm afraid. No more N/A M cars will be made. A real shame, but it's due to EU emissions legislation.

Thread Information