Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What would be the fastest?

Quote Originally Posted by kingrabbit View Post
    My Diablo is an amazing car and makes it a better bet, better than a Mclaren F1, good turns, really smooth, extremely fast and everybody takes a look at you as you drive down the street. Driving one makes you feel like a god.]

guilty until proven innocent here im afraid!

PS. The engine talk in the M3 article at this blog in your signature isnt very good. Sorry.
    Last edited by jediali; 05-22-2008 at 11:14 PM.
    autozine.org

i hope this guys claims are true....a diablo..... and a viper according to the hennesy viper thread.
    a huge call....
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

and a toyota for winter
    autozine.org

Range Rover, a real one, not a Sport. Why sit in a car for three days when you can sit in what's practically a comfortable arm chair?

I'd say probably a 535d or a jaguar 2.7d. Both have no problems cruising at high speeds while using very very little fuel. Only problem is... you may fall asleep because of the serenity of the ride. Especially if the cabin is warm and it's dark outside.

In Russia, powerful SUV with big wheels, will be faster - Audi Q7 4.2 TDI.

Well, if you are going to stick to the speed limit, a Honda Insight hybrid - it does 83 mpg, and at legal speeds, it doesn't matter what performance you have.

Or, a Rolls-Royce Phantom SWB, if you want to have a long journey and not even know that you have even been anywhere.
    Speed never killed anybody......suddenly becoming stationary - that's what does it.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedzonda View Post
    Well, if you are going to stick to the speed limit, a Honda Insight hybrid - it does 83 mpg, and at legal speeds, it doesn't matter what performance you have.
    Don't you think a diesel like an Ibiza Ecomotive or a 1er would be better in those circumstances?

And you'd probably pass through Germany where there are stretches of motorway with no speed limits. And anyway it's not like going to stick strictly to the limit either.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

^^^ Most likely.
    In the 2000 odd miles in Europe recently I'm CONVINCED I had to overtake the same Skoda Fabia every time I had to pull in and fill the Mazda So not only was he as fast on average he was one HELLUVA lot cheaper ... but I contest not as much fun
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I'd be tempted to say the new Audi A8 with either the 4.2TDI or 3.0TDI. Audi's modern TDI and FSI engines are amazing. Even more power than before but with reduced fuel consumption and fewer emissions. For example the 4.2FSI has 370bhp yet returns 30mpg and even emits less than 225g/km of C02 therefore it escapes the top tax band here in the UK. There are many cars which are much less powerful yet are far more polluting. Anyway, you could cruise across Europe in one of these at 155mph in almost complete silence.

It should be a balance between comfort, speed and fuel consumption. The A8 with its trick alumium chasis could be contender, but since the thread was started there's been a new Jag which could just do the trick.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It should be a balance between comfort, speed and fuel consumption. The A8 with its trick alumium chasis could be contender, but since the thread was started there's been a new Jag which could just do the trick.
    I assume you are talking about the new XJ which is waiting in the wings. I can't wait until the Magazines make their full reviews of it. However the reason that I think the A8 would be the best is because it is 4WD. As other members have pointed out earlier, this journey across Europe would be in 'real' conditions, not some controlled environment. Yes, the 7 series, XJ may be very good normally but what happens when the snow starts to fall? They are hopeless.
    Last edited by group c n b man; 02-20-2010 at 04:48 PM.

I don't think an A8 with normal tires would be of much use either in the snow, despite the four wheel drive.
    Visca Catalunya!

Just remember that the most powerful equipment in a car it's the driver.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I'm just guessing but a Bowler should have a massive fuel tank, no?

Thread Information