View Poll Results: which do you prefer? English or Continental system?????

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • English

7 70.00%
  • Continental

3 30.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marital Property/Divorce, your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    I think marriage in general is a scam
    I think this is one of the greatest quotes of the century... I'm serious.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    I think this is one of the greatest quotes of the century... I'm serious.
    agreed
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I am reading many posts here giving me the impression that most of the contributors are completely unfit to enter into a serious relationship.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I am reading many posts here giving me the impression that most of the contributors are completely unfit to enter into a serious relationship.
    No idea if that is humor+sarcasm or serious distaste.

My thoughts are that if two are getting married, they shouldnt be squabbling and deciding upon getting married based upon the assets gained or lost during divorce.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    No idea if that is humor+sarcasm or serious distaste.

My thoughts are that if two are getting married, they shouldnt be squabbling and deciding upon getting married based upon the assets gained or lost during divorce.
    your post does not fall under the category I mentioned above.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by rockefella View Post
    women don't make too much money in the kitchen.
    oh snap!!

To quote the great:

"If you ain't no punk holla We Want Prenup"
    Kanye West

Happy to engage in any political debate, racial debate, national jingoism debate but NO WAY IN HELL am I joining in a value of marriage one. Coz she'll lock me up in the basement again and only bread and water for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Happy to engage in any political debate, racial debate, national jingoism debate but NO WAY IN HELL am I joining in a value of marriage one. Coz she'll lock me up in the basement again and only bread and water for a week.
    do you allow her to visit car forums?
    Edit: The thread options remind me more of breakfast than of marriage...

Hell no, Pieter, if she came here she'd realise I love the cars more
    AND she'd find out about the classics I have she doesn't know about coz they're stored in lockups
    EDIT[quote[Edit: The thread options remind me more of breakfast than of marriage...[/quote]ONly if there's the optino for having it in bed
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 01-23-2009 at 03:48 AM.

I just find it really petty & childish that people don't take marriage seriously enough these days - thinking if it doesn't work out, i can always get divorced.

I figure, just don't get married if you're not serious enough about it. that way, all your stuff, stays your stuff.

Oh, and Prenup absolutely.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Hell no, Pieter, if she came here she'd realise
    AND she'd find out about the classics I have she doesn't know about
    oo what a shame having to keep them secret?
    Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I just find it really petty & childish that people don't take marriage seriously enough these days - thinking if it doesn't work out, i can always get divorced.

I figure, just don't get married if you're not serious enough about it. that way, all your stuff, stays your stuff.

seems to be more a business choice to some..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Just remember folks, Gold Diggers are just Smart Hookers.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I'm more familiar with the idea that all assets are pooled when entering a marriage, and when theres a divorce its all split, or the continental system as its refered to here.

That being said, IMO the majority common law rule is fairer but is more suited to the ideaology that marriage is just a stage of a relationship and not a lifebinding contract between husband and wife.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post

Well, not all divorces are because of thinking like that. My grandparents got divorced a couple years ago after over 50 years of marriage. It's not like they weren't serious to start with, it just stopped working, they changed as life went on (one of them got crazy.) You can go into it with all the good intentions and commitment in the world and still have the situation change somewhere down the road. There's really no point in living with someone if it's hopeless and you're miserable. In the past, they said you should, but they also tended to look the other way a lot more for adultery. Is it really more morally sound to live with someone you can't stand than to get a divorce and go your separate ways?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Thread Information