Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: whats the best age to get married?

maybe i worded my post the wrong way but i didn't mean to look at my situation and give me advice or anything, i just meant it as a discussion in general.

personally i dont know if there is a right age per se, i think its important to wait untill after college at least, and if your not going to college, i would say at least 23 or so. so you have time to get out of the whole party/bar scene.

i also think it is best to get married before 35 because otherwise you are starting to get a bit old to have kids, especially for women.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Where I live its custom to marry during the 3rd trimester.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Where I was raised, it was pretty customary to not get hitched before 28ish or so. Here in Texas that age seems to be considerably lower. I myself lean towards later than sooner, but if you fall madly in love with someone and you're SURE they're the one, then age isn't as much of a factor.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    Where I live its custom to marry during the 3rd trimester.

LOL
    shotgun wedding? L2Abort
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 11-10-2008 at 08:45 PM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by turbo.jenkens View Post
    where i live its custom to marry during the 3rd trimester.
    hahhaha.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post

i also think it is best to get married before 35 because otherwise you are starting to get a bit old to have kids, especially for women.
    May-December...

hmn... I JUST got married a in October. I am 27 and my wife is 26. When we 1st started going out with each other we never seriously though that we would be going this far. In the years i have known her she became my best friend 1st before she became my girlfriend and then wife

Age is not the problem, its the maturity in your mind, the compatibility with your partner and the ability to live together and understand each other and accept each other...

... just my oppinion

why not approach it in a modern way. Start living together for a while, to see if you can stand a 24-7 relationship and not one based on "dating". (Well, it is not really modern, I did that 30 years ago,,,,) Marriage is not necessary for a while. You can always throw a party if you want, but signing papers can be postponed...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    why not approach it in a modern way. Start living together for a while, to see if you can stand a 24-7 relationship and not one based on "dating". (Well, it is not really modern, I did that 30 years ago,,,,) Marriage is not necessary for a while. You can always throw a party if you want, but signing papers can be postponed...
    A good idea. My personal view of marriage is that committing yourself to someone for the rest of your life is sorta unrealistic as you can change over time. However, with divorces being commonplace, it is reasonable. I think getting married though does have economic benefits and is a good idea if you are going to have kids so you commit to raising them together.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    A good idea. My personal view of marriage is that committing yourself to someone for the rest of your life is sorta unrealistic as you can change over time. However, with divorces being commonplace, it is reasonable. I think getting married though does have economic benefits and is a good idea if you are going to have kids so you commit to raising them together.
    In a "modern" society you can get all the economic benefits and raise kids in a sensible way without needing to have the "official wedding stamp". You can arrange exactly the same things via your local notary.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    In a "modern" society you can get all the economic benefits and raise kids in a sensible way without needing to have the "official wedding stamp". You can arrange exactly the same things via your local notary.
    I don't know the law for that hear and a quick search has revealed no results. I know one of my friend's parents are not married, but due to them residing together for a certain amount of time are in a civil union but I don't know if the benefits are the same.

Why do married couples get economic benefits anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I don't know the law for that hear and a quick search has revealed no results. I know one of my friend's parents are not married, but due to them residing together for a certain amount of time are in a civil union but I don't know if the benefits are the same.

Why do married couples get economic benefits anyways?
    probably taxed in a different way than two separate singles....

One of my teachers (who's gay and was legally married in California) said that it was a real pain in the ass to have to file tax forms as a couple for state taxes and seperately for federal taxes. What this loosely shows is that marriage does have an economic effect.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    One of my teachers (who's gay and was legally married in California) said that it was a real pain in the ass to have to file tax forms as a couple for state taxes and seperately for federal taxes. What this loosely shows is that marriage does have an economic effect.
    it also loosely shows is that you may have an archaic tax system

I agree with not getting married unless you know each other for a long time, and realise that there is truly no way you can get somebody else.

Thread Information