Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Best Handling car

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    "Proper" Mini yes ... lardy Beemer thing not so sure
    Do not criticise the BMW Half Series...!
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Do not criticise the BMW Half Series...!
    BMW Half Series!!! That´s funny
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Also the gtr has an ideal weight holding it low to the ground the body is shaped carefully to chanel air to the back spoiler giving it more downforce and the suspension is really hard keeping the car level to prevent a slight roll and to corner better this car has amazingly responsive steering

How many miles have you driven you're GT-R calabb and how much of it has been on track ?
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Not my car and not on a track people have different views and if you ever get the chance to drive one you will undetstand what I am talking about

The fastest I got it was 130 mph on motorway

Taking about "ideal weight" and GT-R in the same sentence is quite a nonsense.
    I think even Nissan complained about it's weight.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Never recall nissan sayin that I think you need to drive one before you can put it down instead of believe everything you hear and its not italian

Quote Originally Posted by calabb96 View Post
    Never recall nissan sayin that I think you need to drive one before you can put it down instead of believe everything you hear and its not italian
    I was being sarcastic, of course, and of course it's not Italian.
    On the other hand the fact it's heavy is a fact and it's never a good thing.

It may be a great car, not questioning that, but it would definitely be better if it was lighter.

This argument could last ages so another car that handles well is the prodrive P2 (not in production) and the porsche cayman

This argument could last ages so another car that handles well is the prodrive P2 (not in production) and the porsche cayman
    Uh yes.

What about the Skoda Fabia 1.6 TDi? I bet it can outhandle all three.

At the same time.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The diesel engine is too heavy. Go for the 1.2 TSi.

carabb, I've been IN GT-R at 'Ring and have tried to then catch him.
    Didn't get chance to drive it hard as it wasn't mine.
    I believe in what I see and experience well before a magazine article with dubious links to advertising $$$
    It's a bloody good car for something carrying that much weight, but lets not get carried away that it's HANDLING is "best" Arguably it's handling is mediocre but the computers fight it back in to shape ( that is opinion, no evidence to know otherwise as no owners I met met willing to run with it all off )

Think all the posts from the start of this thread have raised the relative and comparative merits of different cars in the "best handling" stakes.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

The Cayman is a fine example of MR packaging, and handles very well. Notable in comparison with the Nissan, it doesn't rely on computers to do so. I can't comment on the P2 as I haven't driven one... but it's not a production car anyway.
    Not my car and not on a track people have different views and if you ever get the chance to drive one you will undetstand what I am talking about
    I did spend roughly 6 hours behind the wheel of a GT-R, so can address it honestly: it's too heavy to handle extremely well without the whiz-bang already spoken of. It was one of my first critiques of the car, posted as an amateur review about two years ago on this site.
    The fastest I got it was 130 mph on motorway
    I made several runs on sweepers considerably exceeding that. Only one road in our test gave enough space to pass 160. It's quite stable under most conditions because of it's TCS/VDC system, but in general made the car feel ponderous at lower speeds: it's not tossable.
    It's a bloody good car for something carrying that much weight, but lets not get carried away that it's HANDLING is "best" Arguably it's handling is mediocre but the computers fight it back in to shape ( that is opinion, no evidence to know otherwise as no owners I met met willing to run with it all off )
    Exactly, Matra... it's a very good car designed with a particular purpose, but failing to meet a "drivers" requirements without electronic wizardry. I still want to like it, but can't. I did have the opportunity to turn the computers off, which made it a handful in fast transitions or provoked oversteer because of it's mass. It is a near-supercar for the money, designed to protect the target market: buyers with enough in their bank account but of limited skills. The photo below appeared in AutoWeek... note the rather grim look on my face.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by csl177; 04-07-2011 at 07:17 PM. Reason: notation
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

On the latest Fifth Gear they had Jason lap it in R modes and Tiff lap it with computers off at Yas Marina.. Tiff was a second faster.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Thread Information