Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Playstation 3? PS2? GT4?

Playstation 3? PS2? GT4?

My wife wants to get me a Playstation for my birthday in a few weeks. (I know... she is wonderful!! ) The PS2's have been going on ridiculous sales around here. I really only want it for the racing games... mostly GT4.

Does anyone know when the PS3 will be out? Is it going to be worth waiting and probably double the money for the PS3? Are there any plans for a Grand Turismo 5 for the PS3? If it is going to come out in the next few months… then I might tell her to wait. Any info would be great! Thanks!!

If you really only want racing games and want realism then get her to get you upgrades for the PC you're sitting at ( if it needs any ) and a decent wheel/pedal combo.

The best sims are on the PC.
    Commiserations if you're a Mac user

Besides the PS3 has been delayed. So maybe for NEXT birthday
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

it will come out in 2007-2008ish if you want GT5
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Defintely what Matra said. I probably wont buy another Playstation2 game, PC simracing is much better. Racing online with friends etc is a great addon.

I upgraded my PC for slightly under £400, which 1/4 of it went to a new HardDrive, but it wasnt really needed. £110 on Graphics, £80 on MOMO wheel, £40 on Power Unit, and some games. Even at that, i can run GTR (check the threads, great game!) at full settings, and there is no problemm at all.

Id go pc. I wouldnt buy a PS3 until Gran Turismo 5 came out with a decent wheel combination.

Gran Turismo 5 .. WILL come out for the PS3 no word on when yet. But the Ps3 is due for November of this year. So yes, I´d wait.
    "In UCP I TRUST".

I doubt the PS3 will come out in November. It has been delayed many times since they said November. I think the most accurate we can be is 2007

Quote Originally Posted by dimlight
    Gran Turismo 5 .. WILL come out for the PS3 no word on when yet. But the Ps3 is due for November of this year. So yes, I´d wait.
    I'll wait it too, and than wait some more until I can afford one.

Three colours, WHITE SILVER BLACK. White is so nice on it.
    "'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'

Can't wait for the PS3 man...it's guna kick the 360 into oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    Can't wait for the PS3 man...it's guna kick the 360 into oblivion.
    Maybe, but Sony is infamous for making these perpetual claims. It's happened with PS2, and Playstation IIRC. (Def. w/ the ps2 though)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Maybe, but Sony is infamous for making these perpetual claims. It's happened with PS2, and Playstation IIRC. (Def. w/ the ps2 though)
    True...but It's illegal to just print totally incorrect statistics...stats which Sony have released and kicked the 360's ass.

check this out!
    a preview of GT5 on PS3
    http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/...mo5/index.html

nice preview

any chance.... gran turismo 5 is also coming out on other platforms this time?
    gt5 on pc would be sooo cool

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IL Duce
    nice preview

any chance.... gran turismo 5 is also coming out on other platforms this time?
    gt5 on pc would be sooo cool
    yes, but sony owns the gt series, its exclusive im afraid, ah well, lfs for me!

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    True...but It's illegal to just print totally incorrect statistics...stats which Sony have released and kicked the 360's ass.
    They are "cheating" wiht hte stats and every techie knows it
    They are citing clock speeds and theoritcal performance assumgin all teh cells communicate at max rate and process at max rate.
    Computing found out 15 years ago that general propblems dont' scal to fit cell processors well.
    The PS3 will be as over-hyped as the PS2 was. It's sony 3 years after launch game developers will have gotten their head around how to write the software to take advantage of it !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I wonder if I will finally be able to run into a wall at 150mph and damage the car?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Thread Information