Thread: Magnificent Porsches to be offered by Gooding on Friday ...

Magnificent Porsches to be offered by Gooding on Friday ...

One of the absolute highlights of the upcoming Amelia Island auctions is the consignment of a great selection from the fabulous Jerry Seinfeld Porsche Collection. Among the most spectacular cars on offer is this Porsche 917/30, which is powered by a twin-turbo, twelve-cylinder engine. With 1,200 bhp on tap, the Can-Am racer remains one of the most powerful competition cars ever produced. The example on offer has no period racing history as it was still under construction when Porsche withdrew from Can-Am ahead of the 1974 season.
    Of a slightly earlier vintage are the Porsche 550 RS Spyder and the Porsche 718 RSK Spyder. Both powered by a twin-cam, flat-four, each of these cars were sold new to the United States and have remained in American ownership throughout their lives.
    Another spectacular member of the Seinfeld Collection on offer is one of the very last Porsche 962Cs built. Equipped with the ultimate aero package developed by Porsche, it was raced in the 1990 and 1991 World Championship seasons.
    In addition to Porsches from the Seinfeld Collection, several other interesting cars have also been consigned to the Gooding sale. One of the most exotic is certainly this 908K Coupe, which raced as a works car during the 1968 season.
    Rarer still is this 911 ST 2.3, which was prepared for rallying ahead of the 1970 season. The example on offer was driven to a debut victory in the Austrian Alps Rally by Bjorn Waldegaard on his way to that year's rally championship. It was also raced in period by Jurgen Barth and Gerard Larrousse.

Enjoy the links:

1954 - 1955 Porsche 550 RS Spyder Chassis 550-0060 - Ultimatecarpage.com

1958 - 1959 Porsche 718 RSK Spyder Chassis 718-019 - Ultimatecarpage.com

1968 Porsche 908K Coupe Chassis 908-011 - Ultimatecarpage.com

1970 Porsche 911 ST 2.3 - Images, Specifications and Information

1973 Porsche 917/30 Chassis 917/30-004 - Ultimatecarpage.com

1985 - 1989 Porsche 962C Chassis 962-012 - Ultimatecarpage.com
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I enjoyed ... but then I noticed that there is no option "Printer Friendly Option". For me it is bad

These are some exceptional cars. I am quite interested to see how much the unraced 917/30 sells for.

Thread Information