Thread: Foreign residue on paint

Foreign residue on paint

Today I washed my car since the sun was down the car was fairly cool as the wind was blowing. I was going to wax it after when I saw some black stuff on the right side of the car. Looked like tar. It's basically small lines and dots all across the right side of the car from the base up to about 6" below the door windows. I can take it off with my finger nails if it's dried up and with a dry rag but the dry rag simply smears it. I decided since I wasn't going to spend all day using my finger nails the best thing to do would be to use a dry rag and than a wet one to take care of the smearing. That doesn't work. The wet rag cleans it fairly good but there is still residue left on the paint and if I applied anymore pressure I was going to damage the paint.
    I than remembered that about a week ago I was driving on the freeway and an 18 wheeler had a blow out on one of the back tires. I remember driving and hearing it about as far back as a mile. I had to pull up behind it so I can take an exit. The truck had the blow out on the right side, same place my car has all the tar. I'm guessing that some of the tire was melting as it was dragged along the asphalt I could see sparks and some of it ended up on my paint.
    How can I take stuff off? Simple car wash soap does not work. I don't have anything else. Would compound work? I have some compound but I don't think it would work. It's basically cream that you put on a rag and apply to the paint. I used it before but it does absolutely nothing.

All you need. And get it off as soon as possible.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I'll get that today. Thx. Anyone have anymore suggestions?

goo-b gone really sucks, what kind of car is it
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Oh yeah blow outs do that, We had that happen in NC but it just came off with the hose, about two days later. But I think it was the actual tire that swiped down along the side of the car.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    goo-b gone really sucks, what kind of car is it
    It's a Hyundai Elantra. I'm not happy at all with the mileage it gets considering that it's a small car with a small engine. I seen bigger cars with bigger engines get better mileage. Definatley have to sell the car and get me a Civic. But anyway back to the topic.
    I should of known that bug and tar remover would of taken care of the problem. I got it all fixed today but I have one more problem with the paint.

I had these rust spots on the hood of the car. I took care of the rust with some fine sand paper and than applied some matching paint to fill in the holes. The repairs I did are visible. Basically the paint is uneven. At the time I just wanted to stop it from rusting.
    What do I need to get the paint smooth and make it look like nothing happened? I heard it can done with a buffer but I never used a buffer before. Anyone have any ideas other than getting a new car?
    Last edited by QBridge; 07-12-2005 at 10:18 PM.

if you surf, you probably have some extre wax combs, take one and scrape it, or a credit card alternatively, then get wax and a buffer some carnauba wax and it should tell you what to do
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Last edited by QBridge; 07-12-2005 at 09:26 PM.

Clay Bars...they work wonders! After the cleaning the paint will be really smooth to the touch

Here's a link
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

Thread Information