Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: mustang vs Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    He is, but production has ceased. How have the VEs been holding up down yonder? Because a secondhand one of these might be quite the steal with Pontiac no longer existing and all, especially if they last a while.
    i tell you something fun to do;
    find a VE (at the dealer, or on the street) with the pontiac front end etc etc.
    make sure it is in a nice colour, or modded, and in the ute or sportswagon configuration.
    take nice photo.
    post on US based muscle/GM/pontiac forum.
    watch the rage.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

fffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I have to say it's funny when Americans finally get a worthy car from overseas, watche them go all excited and then watch it flop because no one is interested in it...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

FU to you too, Sr. Ferrer.
    Speaking of, I was looking at the USA Fiesta on Ford's website today. For some reason the sedan is cheaper than the hatch and the slushbox has more gears than the manual (6 vs. 5).

The first gen Focus sold well, so I guess there's still hope for you after all...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I'd go 2011. See if you can get a ride in one with the shorter rear end, that may make the decision easier. It's lighter (though the difference is smaller than it used to be) and now the GT has close to the same power, soo... To be honest I like the 2010/11 styling of the mustang better than the camaro though I probably wouldn't give the thumbs up (unless I knew it was you, of course,) and the fact that the smaller car has more room is also nice. And the parts of the Mustang that are nicer tend to be the more functional bits, which is what I would care more about. Also it seems like there's more mustang tuner bits out there, possibly because it's been sold continuously, so that's always nice.

But I'm kind of a mustang guy anyways so I may be biased.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

is the Mustang still fitted with the live rear axle, and does not the Camaro have some sort of modern suspension? That should be noticeable in the twisties....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I think an antidiluvian suspension with only considerable heft to support performs far better than a modern one with the massive heft of the Camaro.
    So have said most all of the reviews too, the most noticeable bonus from the Camaro's IRS comes in in your favorite part; ride comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    is the Mustang still fitted with the live rear axle, and does not the Camaro have some sort of modern suspension? That should be noticeable in the twisties....
    In theory, but in theory the Porsche 911 should be a death rocket with it's rear engined lay out. Road racing indicates otherwise for both of them. Even stock.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    In theory, but in theory the Porsche 911 should be a death rocket with it's rear engined lay out. Road racing indicates otherwise for both of them. Even stock.
    What road racing are you talking about? (and the 911 started of as a death rocket) Is there any series in the USA in which the Mustang, or the Camaro for that matter is enjoying some sort of success? The GT4 Mustangs in Europe are not as far as I know.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

What road racing are you talking about? (and the 911 started of as a death rocket) Is there any series in the USA in which the Mustang, or the Camaro for that matter is enjoying some sort of success? The GT4 Mustangs in Europe are not as far as I know.
    Yes for the Mustang, several SCCA classes. Some of them are having considerable success against BMW, the most successfull of which being the M6, and Porsche 911s and Caymans. I wasn't even aware they were being raced in Europe. Any sort of factory support for the cars in GT4? Ford doesn't do much of that sort of thing these days.

They have a "Camaro" in the grand am rolex series, but it's the same tube frame they used for the Pontiac the year before with a new fiberglass body.

It's true the 911 started out as a death rocket, but years of tweaking have gotten it working pretty well. Same goes for the live axel. It's not ideal, but it's working pretty well. The old 315 hp Mustang even beat a 306 HP IRS Genesis by quite a ways in a Car and Driver track visit.
    Big cities suck

The GT4 Mustangs in Europe are not as far as I know.
    With all the performance balancing and amateur drivers, does this mean anything at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    With all the performance balancing and amateur drivers, does this mean anything at all?
    yes, that the good amatuer drivers do not choose a Mustang....

yes, that the good amatuer drivers do not choose a Mustang....
    Or that Eurosnobs don't...
    Big cities suck

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Or that Eurosnobs don't...
    the Eurosnobs at Matech may tell you other stories.........

Thread Information