Guanci SJJ1

Guanci-de Tomaso SJJ1
    Attached Images Attached Images

Guanci (2)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Any info on this vehicle anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling
    Any info on this vehicle anyone?
    It seems it had a GM 400 V8 and a three speed auto. The engine was mounted tranversely behind the front seats. Apparently only two were made, though the pics suggest than more than two were actually built...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Major thread re-birth

My grandfather (Frank Thurner) was the original owner of the Guanci. I've been looking through the old brochures that I have and started doing some internet research which brought me here.

I only remember the two cars, John Guanci's which was red and my grandfather's which was blue. My grandfather had the car painted (we can't remember what color it was when he took delivery but we think it may have been silver).

My step dad also remembers a prototype that had the turbo V6 in it which may have been silver as well. (I have a photo of a silver car but I'm not sure if it is the prototype or my grandfathers before he painted it).

I only remember thecar being blue with the American Racing 5 spokes on it (I was only 11 at the time)

I'm curious where the car is now and how it's holding up.

Thanks,
    Roger

very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by roger123 View Post
    My grandfather (Frank Thurner) was the original owner of the Guanci. I've been looking through the old brochures that I have and started doing some internet research which brought me here.

I only remember the two cars, John Guanci's which was red and my grandfather's which was blue. My grandfather had the car painted (we can't remember what color it was when he took delivery but we think it may have been silver).

My step dad also remembers a prototype that had the turbo V6 in it which may have been silver as well. (I have a photo of a silver car but I'm not sure if it is the prototype or my grandfathers before he painted it).

I only remember thecar being blue with the American Racing 5 spokes on it (I was only 11 at the time)

I'm curious where the car is now and how it's holding up.

Thanks,
    Roger
    Welcome, please keep us informed about any developments. Any idea why the first post also includes the name: De Tomaso? Any relation?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I have no idea where or why the DeTomaso stuff came about? I've seen some stuff where someone may have tried to tie the DeTomaso name to increase interest in the car?

My Grandfather owned a small Bakery in Calumet, MI (Thurners Bakery) and saw the car at the Chicago Autoshow (we went every year) and had to have it.

He owned many great cars and bikes over the years (Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, Harley's, Moto Guzzi's, '67 AC 427 Cobra, Cadillac's, Lincoln's, etc. Always had something new in the garage.

I'd really like to find the current owner and see how the car's doing.

Roger

The blue car was on eBay at least twice last year without finding a buyer.
    Roger, when did your grandfather sell it? IIRC the eBay seller was in Illinois or Indiana.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

'84 or '85 if I remember right.

Thread Information