Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMW vs. Audi

BMW vs. Audi

A friend of mine says the Audi S4 is better than the BMW M3. Most people I know, including myself, feel the M3 is better. Which car would you pick, S4 or M3 ???

a hundreed times id choose the M3

well its not just between the m3 and the a4. well then BMW has more cars and a better selection then audi. therefore id take a bmw
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Why not try to be a little more objective? Instead of asking which car is better, which is a little open to interpretation dont you think, why not try for starters, which car do you like better. If thats not enough for you, cause it aint for me, try which car is the better handler, has better performance etc. Something that may be more relevant and attract less comments like "BMW sux" "Audi rules" and the like.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Why not try to be a little more objective? Instead of asking which car is better, which is a little open to interpretation dont you think, why not try for starters, which car do you like better. If thats not enough for you, cause it aint for me, try which car is the better handler, has better performance etc. Something that may be more relevant and attract less comments like "BMW sux" "Audi rules" and the like.
    Thanks, we needed that +1 for you.

The problems arise when people think too simplistically about everything. The S4 has some advantages, and the M3 has others. Even with these taken into account, value claims such as "best" or "better" can still completely differ.

Fasten seat belt while seated

I'd take the Bimmer. Not because the M3 stands out from the Audi S4 by a huge margin, but because BMW is the more appealing brand. I also love the M3 design, gotta love the slits on the side.

The BMW has the most advanced engine in the world, evo mag from UK clamed the the engine alone is worth the asking price and the fact the it comes with one of the best chassis is a bonus. So the BMW e46 is clearly a better car, but the Audi is not bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloGTR
    I'd take the Bimmer. Not because the M3 stands out from the Audi S4 by a huge margin, but because BMW is the more appealing brand. I also love the M3 design, gotta love the slits on the side.
    OK. Personal preference and some explanation. No hint of BMW rules or the BMW is the best car.

Quote Originally Posted by SPN:DOC
    The BMW has the most advanced engine in the world, evo mag from UK clamed the the engine alone is worth the asking price and the fact the it comes with one of the best chassis is a bonus. So the BMW e46 is clearly a better car, but the Audi is not bad either.
    Going quite well until we got to BMW is clearly the better car. For that we need a definition of car. And I think everyones definition will vary depending on their use.

Quote Originally Posted by lfb666
    The Audi won! Well how can that be. Luckily they explain how they came to their conclusion.
    1."Performance points based on proportional scale (normalization)."
    2."Subjective ratings based on points awarded in each of 12 categories by editors and scored based on a proportional scale."
    3."Points based on a proportional scale; points range for price equals average points range of Performance and Subjective categories."
    Actually the BMW won in the perfromance and subjective categories but was done in because it cost another 5 large. So the rating should be seen as the car which gives the best value for money. Im sure there are some who looked at the winner and thought Road and Track said it was the best car!

well now we have come to another issue Value for money now , the question that was asked WHICH CAR IS BETTER, and the BMW has come out on top not for value but for performance and equipment.

M3, looks better and is more fun to drive, according to Clarckson

It is not discussed!
    M3 forever!
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by uboz
    It is not discussed!
    M3 forever!
    Wow, awesome reasoning.

-1 for the total lack of thought/effort.

Thread Information