Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Volvo P1800 E

ARE YOU JOKING! The DB9 is one of the most elegant cars ever built. If you have ever seen a Murcielago, you will think they are beautiful. They lose alot in pictures. The SLR is the only one I can barely agree with you. Have you seen any of the cars i posted in real life? (Not asking this to be a jackass, asking if you actually have seen them, and if so which)

EDIT: The Venturi looks good, but I do not agree that it looks better then a DB9 or a Pagani. In my opinion, it is lower then all the cars I posted.
    Last edited by CdocZ; 03-04-2005 at 06:04 PM.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

At least I don't like a piece of junk from the past. (Only a few cars from the past are classics). Saying an Aston Martin or a Lambo being unoriginal and passe are the most retarded things I've ever heard. These are luxurious, beautifully-crafted cars that only a few are able to afford them. While not being a big fan of the SLR, I don't doubt its originality, it's just not my style. All supercars are not unoriginal...you will see that each one is special in its own way. Though one car was forgot, the Ferrari Enzo. Now, that's a beautiful thing. Looking at a Ferrari is like looking at heaven or angels among crummy, UGLY cars including Chevys, Fords, or Priuses. Ferraris are beautiful...old and new...you can't go wrong with one.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf03
    At least I don't like a piece of junk from the past. (Only a few cars from the past are classics). Saying an Aston Martin or a Lambo being unoriginal and passe are the most retarded things I've ever heard. These are luxurious, beautifully-crafted cars that only a few are able to afford them. While not being a big fan of the SLR, I don't doubt its originality, it's just not my style. All supercars are not unoriginal...you will see that each one is special in its own way. Though one car was forgot, the Ferrari Enzo. Now, that's a beautiful thing. Looking at a Ferrari is like looking at heaven or angels among crummy, UGLY cars including Chevys, Fords, or Priuses. Ferraris are beautiful...old and new...you can't go wrong with one.
    I like the Enzo, but it just didn't seem to fit. I think it as beautiful not in the same way as things like the Pagani. I think it more beautiful in the way of something like.......something like the F50. I remember the first time I saw an Enzo.........washington autoshow......but never again, at detroit, geneva or new york city.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I like the 1800 as well. I was surprised to find out it was a Volvo after the first time I saw it, it's a great lookin little car.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    Here are some cars I find beautiful, in terms of sheer elegance. Dropping the feel of their prescence, aggresiveness, and everything besides sheer beauty.
    Aston Martin DB9
    Pagani Zonda F
    Lamborghini Murcielago
    Mercedes SLR
    And the horses at the touch of your foot..........all 500 of em....
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

I'm not going to claim that Ferraris aren't beautiful. I absolutely love the F355. I will also say that it is definately better looking than the Volvo. My original claim was just that the 1800 was the best looking Volvo.

But, on the other hand, I would take a Morgan, Pagani, or TVR over a Ferrari, Lambo, or Aston any day. I like a car that hasn't been done before.

Say that in the beggining next time, please. I hate it when useless arguments pop up.

But in the end.......that Volvo just doesnt do it for me.

Well I see the charm of the old Volvo. It was the car Roger Moore drove in The Saint wasn't it? I rate it alongside the VW Karmann Ghia. Similar cars, similar era, similar sort of style, similar price. Both nice looking. They don't really set my pulse racing but I'd happily own one.

Karmann Ghia, for the uninitiated:
    http://www.americandreamcars.com/1968vwkg.jpg
    "Work is the curse of the drinking classes."
    Oscar Wilde

Classic Motoring Blog -
    http://classicmotoring.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by greg.harvey
    Well I see the charm of the old Volvo. It was the car Roger Moore drove in The Saint wasn't it? I rate it alongside the VW Karmann Ghia. Similar cars, similar era, similar sort of style, similar price. Both nice looking. They don't really set my pulse racing but I'd happily own one.

Karmann Ghia, for the uninitiated:
    http://www.americandreamcars.com/1968vwkg.jpg
    I would rate it over the Karrmann Ghia, certainly performance wise, with about 2.5 times the amount of HP.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Sure.

Saw one the other day in central London actually (the Volvo). Had a lovely exhaust note.
    "Work is the curse of the drinking classes."
    Oscar Wilde

Classic Motoring Blog -
    http://classicmotoring.blogspot.com/

I'm going to agree with Escudo guy for three reasons.
    1) He has a picture of an integrale ava

2)This is a classic car forum and i'm not being funny but a car must be a few years old before it becomes a classic- there IS a difference between classic- and exotic.

3)He is right, the P1800 series cars the best looking Volvo.
    HEY SMURF, HEY SMURF, HEY SMURF PUT THAT BOOM IN IT!!!

Thread Information