Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: StarCraft 2

When it is released Kim Jong Il will seize the opportunity to invade the south.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    When it is released Kim Jong Il will seize the opportunity to invade the south.
    If the Southies could smuggle some copies of Starcraft 1 into the North, Kimmie could get into serious trouble. Remember, pretty much everything is forbidden there (including "capitalistic computer games" ).

The only thing i dislike about the new SC is the starting system: everytime you log in, you have to connect with the Internet. And that's annoying because my Internet is annoyingly defective at the moment.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

The other thing I don't like about SC2 is that the multiplayer is regionalised.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand StarCraft® II to Include North American Battle.net® Access

We’re pleased to announce that all players who purchase the Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand version of StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty™ will also have the option of playing on North American servers following the launch. While we still encourage gamers to play on the local servers, which will offer lower latency and more action during peak hours, we recognize that many players have longstanding friendships and rivalries with North American players, and would like to continue playing with them. Because of this, we're giving Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand gamers access to both regions' servers, so they can choose where they'd prefer to play.

This additional access will go into effect as soon as possible. Our intention is to make it available within 60 days of launch -- at that time, players with a copy of the Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand version of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty will automatically gain the option to download the North American version of the game client through Battle.net®. You can check out the FAQ for more information, and we’ll have additional details to share about acquiring the North American client in the near future on our Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand community site.

-------------------------

North American Server Access for Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty™ Players FAQ

Q: Who is eligible to play on the North American servers?
    A: All players, including those in the regions of Hong Kong and Macau, who purchase the English Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand Standard or Collector’s Edition of StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty™ will have the option of playing on the North American Battle.net® servers in addition to the Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand servers if they prefer.

Q: How much will this cost?
    A: The option of playing on North American Battle.net servers will come at no additional cost to all players who have purchased the Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand version of StarCraft II.

Q: How will access to the North American servers be granted?
    A: Our intention is to ensure that within 60 days after the launch of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, all players with a copy of the Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand version will automatically gain the ability to also access the North American servers -- this will be handled through Battle.net account management.

Q: How will I know when I can access the North American servers?
    A: We will have additional information on how and when to access the North American servers on our StarCraft II community site.

Q: What will happen with my Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand Battle.net account?
    A: Once you get access to the North American Battle.net servers, you will have access to both regions for online play. You can choose which one to play on at any given time, and can switch back and forth at will.

Q: How will my friends list and rankings be handled?
    A: All account-specific data, including friends lists, rankings, achievements, statistics, titles, and unlockable rewards, will be tracked separately for each region's Battle.net servers, and will not carry over between them.

Q: If I have already purchased the North American version, can I also play on the Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand servers?
    A: No. To have the option to play on both servers, you must purchase the Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand version of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. This solution is specifically targeted to address gamers in Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand who have social relationships with North American players from previous Blizzard Entertainment titles.

Q: Will I be able to play on any of the other StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty regional servers?
    A: No. Players who purchase the Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand version of StarCraft II will have access to the Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand and the North American Battle.net servers. No other multi-region play will be available at this time.
    Good news for me that I can (eventually) play with my friends in the US, but rubbish news for the rest of the world. I thought the intertoobs were supposed to link us all together.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Overall, I think its going to be great game. I agree that it kinda' sucks not being fully localized, but only to have regions. Man, I wish I was as good as the leets like Jae Dong and Ma Jae-Yoon.
    It would be interesting to see the Korean StarCraft 2 Tournament, lulz. Serious biz there. Jumpsuits, teams and everything.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

Assusming all the match fixing is over now anyway..

Wait, so you can come play with us, but we can't come play with you?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Pretty much. Within a few months we'll (SEA) be able to log into the US battle.net servers.. but that will be the only cross-region play allowed. Boo.

I know we're known for invading the world and generally mucking things up, but in this case wouldn't it be better to cordon off the Koreans and let the rest of us have at it with international friends?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

I just bought this. Wandered into a store, it was there, I was there.. it was $70 instead of RRP of $90.. it just happened, officer!

Mine hasn't arrived... I thought I may have to go to the post office, but it's just not here.

Oh well.
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

I never played Starcraft 1, but was a big fan of Warcraft III Reign of Chaos and the expansion (name slips my mind). I have a fresh-built gaming rig that I've been failing to put to use. Am downloading digital copy as we speak, about 40% in.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Frozen Throne.

I highly doubt my PC runs this. I'm not very interested in this game, but I wouldn't mind dabbling in it.

I played a whole pile of this last night, enjoyed it thoroughly.

Having tons of problem running this game....everytime I start something the graphic becomes corrupted in a few min and hard crashes my PC....I know my computer is 3 years old but this is stupid....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Got the latest drivers and whatnot? I had some issues with my gfx card overheating to start with, but that's because I had the fan set to manual... and all the settings on Ultra. Once I let the card to its own thing with the fan it's been fine. If your gfx are corrupting I'd suggest it could be a heat issue.. my favourite old trick was to take the side of the case off and just stick a desk fan there to blow more air in. Worked pretty good!

Thread Information