OK everybody, this here is a new initiative ive come up with and refined through discussion with others.

Flynn had not only removed the curse of time and distance, he had opened up exciting new possibilities. When he replaced the Morse keyboard with a voice microphone, next-door families hundreds of kilometres apart were suddenly true neighbours. 'Galah sessions', the outback chat over the back fence, became a cherished part of life.
For those unknowing, thats a pretty close description of what this thread is about. Now we're all known in UCP for being fairly sporadic in going off topic, often attracting an audience in doing so, but i think there comes a time where we have to take ourselves a bit more seriously. Believe it or not, people will be looking for automotive related info in the Aussie forums Im hoping this initiative will keep that spirit alive however though, as the original Galah Sessions connected people 2000+km apart 60 years ago.

A few notes and ground rules im hoping we can all stick to in order to keep this alive:

*This doesnt necessarily end the off topic banter most of the threads turn into. Im hoping however this helps restrict the 1 topic one minute, another topic another minute trends.

*Attention will be made to news and current affairs to keep this alive, as we cant talk about the rate of grass growth forever. I'm hoping to make updates a few times per week in this area, and others are welcome.

*I'll take responsibility for keeping this under control. Im hoping given the lighthearted nature, nothing is taken to heart that would otherwise seem out of place, but nevertheless if theres a problem, just ask.

*Just because this is in the Aussie Forums and aimed at fellow members, EVERYONE is welcome and likewise NO-ONE shall be excluded. This being the 21st century, im hoping we can put our own spin on this formula.

Now all we need is a starting topic. Luckily theres plenty in the news.

The other night on the news, the first fatality of Cyclone Larry appeared. An elderly man in his 60's was found in a caravan thought to be abandoned. Perhaps luckily, it was found he suffered a heart attack.

I feel sorry for the guy. On one hand i think its a good thing his heart went as opposed to being impaled by the winds but you still wonder what happened to make the people there believe the whole place was empty..

Well feel free to ad your views to that...