Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The New NSX (i wish)

The New NSX (i wish)

With the new gt-r being somewhat of a let down, the only hope from the land of the rising sun is the nsx but early spied mules and concepts predicted a front engined V10 with awd not what we would expect from honda, well some dude from NSX prime thought it would be best if he showed the world his vision of the nsx and you have to say it is not bad, but it is all lies

The F-16 makes a comeback! - NSX Prime

Quote Originally Posted by NSX Prime

Acura has released teaser photos of the upcoming successor to the legendary NSX. After much debate, Acura designers have finally agreed on the design direction. In attempt to save time and cut cost, a preivous design was revisited.

The short-lived HSC concept is reincarnated after the last design direction for the new NSX became too controversial. This new concept deemed the Acura “New Sports Car” Concept is designed and built around a new platform to incorporate a powerful mid-mounted V-10 engine and a rear-wheel-drive based version of Acura’s exclusive Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD™).

The concept’s exterior seems to be a synthesis of the previous HSC and ASCC. Losing the long nose from the ASCC concept, the tail is elongated to hide the new powerful engine beneath. The long tail, mid-engine stance is much more provocative compared to the last long hood design. The cockpit profile is softened compared to the sharp angled roofline apparent on the HSC, giving a more balanced and elegant stance.

The wide and low appearance is very reminiscent of its predecessor, with subtle changes to accommodate the new performance platform. Thin LED illuminated headlights are stretched wide and designed to mimic the headlights found on the first generation NSX. Other styling hints include the large, red rear taillights that have slate-like texture and the original black top color scheme. The aesthetics of the NSC are quite familiar to the Pagani Zonda.

Short overhands with 105.1 inch wheelbase maximize the handling and agility. Slotted carbon ceramic brake discs and eight-piston calipers ensure the stopping power for a powerful machine. Five-spoke forged aluminum alloy racing wheels are wrapped with 245/35ZR19 tires in front and 295/30ZR20 tires in the rear. The wheels are brimmed with a deep dish lip that accentuates the aggressive stance. The body is constructed from aluminum and carbon fiber keeping the curb weight as low as possible. This new coupe weighs in at 1350 kg, which will allow it to be as nimble as ever.

Two versions are going in production: one will be a GT and the other will be a full-fledged super car. The GT version will receive a 3.7 liter high-revving V-6 that will produce in upwards of 380 hp. The base model will also feature a modest trunk and will have the option of having the SH-AWD™ for every day driving. The premium model will dawn the “NSC-R” moniker. It loses the trunk, but will include a V-10 engine with over 500 hp, SH-AWD™, race tuned suspension and extensive weight savings for shear performance.

The base GT expected cost will be in the $80,000 area whereas the NSC-R counterpart will be well over the $100,000 mark. Only the NSC-R will receive the F16 black top, extra air inlets on the cowl to provide more air flow to the V-10 engine and will have a limited production of roughly 1000 units per year.

Acura New Sports Car Concept dimensions:

Width: 76.3 in
    Length: 170.3 in
    Height: 45.4 in
    Wheelbase: 105.1 in
    Tires:
    Front: 245/35R19
    Rear: 295/30R20
    P.S: The Last Picture is from an anonymous source, just thought i would post it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kigango123; 03-19-2008 at 11:24 AM.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

not so good looking. a little bit of the first nsx, some of the ferrari aurea concept, some of the vector m12 (imo)...the first nsx was wonderful, they shouldn't ruin it trying to refreshing the style. we need THE new nsx, not a new one. there's a sensible difference in my thoughts
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123 View Post
    With the new gt-r being somewhat of a let down...
    What media outlets have you been listening to. The GT-R has been fantastic.

This "fake" NSX looks much better than what Honda has in mind for the next NSX. Honda as designers...are overrated.

I also don't see GT-R as much of a "let down"....the fact that they have been able to make a 3800lb car does the thing it does is nothing short of amazing....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

ya if honda does a front engine vehicle it will be a waste but i dun see honda making a new supercar anytime soon. Honda's r&d is dumb.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Maybe he meant things such as controlled-by-gps top speeds, no manual available, incredibly heavy, according to Nissan "unmodifiable" with after market pieces, etc...

I really hope the NSX gets less of a futuristic look. I never really liked the HSC, they should keep it simple, only manual, light as a feather, and mid-engined... and please add that 10 cylinder engine that everyone is talking about.

There is already aftermarket ECU and exhaust out for the GTR, Amuse makes it already, and the car is pushing 580ps with those according to Apr 2008's Best Motoring test, the car also have as a suspension kit. Altogether worth about dropped the laptime of the GTR around Tsukuba from 1:02 to 59 second range....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Maybe he meant things such as controlled-by-gps top speeds, no manual available, incredibly heavy, according to Nissan "unmodifiable" with after market pieces, etc...
    The GPS top speed is a japan only feature so quit crying. I wish it offered a manual too, but people who have driven paddle shifters tell me manuals are overrated, so quit crying again until you try it.

INCREDIBLY HEAVY? You are overrating its weight. Again, quit crying. What is with you new-wave of people expecting light-as-a-feather developments from vehicles with "heavy" histories? Were previous GT-R's heavy? Yes. And you must understand that with increasing safety policies weight is going to go up and up. ALSO...price? The lighter you make it, the more exotic material required...the MORE EXPENSIVE. And who cares how heavy it is if the GT-R really is performing the way it has been in its recent test? I don't care if that summa-bitch was 5000 kgs, it runs the N-Ring in 7:30-sumthing and cost less than a Viper...and seats 4.

Quote Originally Posted by -What- View Post
    The GPS top speed is a japan only feature so quit crying. I wish it offered a manual too, but people who have driven paddle shifters tell me manuals are overrated, so quit crying again until you try it.

INCREDIBLY HEAVY? You are overrating its weight. Again, quit crying. What is with you new-wave of people expecting light-as-a-feather developments from vehicles with "heavy" histories? Were previous GT-R's heavy? Yes. And you must understand that with increasing safety policies weight is going to go up and up. ALSO...price? The lighter you make it, the more exotic material required...the MORE EXPENSIVE. And who cares how heavy it is if the GT-R really is performing the way it has been in its recent test? I don't care if that summa-bitch was 5000 kgs, it runs the N-Ring in 7:30-sumthing and cost less than a Viper...and seats 4.
    First of all relax, if you want to take this conversation to a higher level after coming from a ban then it is your choice. I defended your immature a$$ in the moderator's forum, so watch your tone before absolutely everyone turns on you.

I am not crying, cause I don't own the car and never will... (even if I could afford it, manual is in my blood and I hate paddle shifters which I HAVE USED)

The speed is limited to 156mph in the rest of the world.... please, an SVT Cobra will easily get you there.

Stuff seems to break faster in heavier car... So much power, so much weight.... Brakes, transmission, wheels.... good luck. I like them light myself.

And once again my post started with "maybe he meant". I thought it would be over implied that I'm trying to let the rest understand where I believe Kigango was coming from. Given the case that Kigango would have said "The GTR is awesome" I could have said "Well, I believe that he's saying this due to its incredible lap times, accel considering the weight, handling, etc..." But you're always ready to start something aren't you?

I don't know why I even bother.

Niko, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you.

I have to disagree with your "things seem to break faster on heavier cars" statement. Most lightweight cars I think of are "fragile"...i.e. Elise, Ferraris, Mosler...I know those are some extreme examples but I can't think of a light-weight car with decent horsepower that has good reliability.

The speed is limited to 156mph in the rest of the world.... please, an SVT Cobra will easily get you there.
    So it's the same as every fast MB, BMW and Audi, and quite a few other cars as well. And last time I checked, those cars don't give you the option of delimiting them when you go to a track day.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Top speed is 193mph in Europe.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    So it's the same as every fast MB, BMW and Audi, and quite a few other cars as well. And last time I checked, those cars don't give you the option of delimiting them when you go to a track day.
    And the fact that BMWs, MBs, and Audis are limited make the GTR so much better....

Top speed is 193mph in Europe.
    Awesome, I didn't know that. Where I live I'd be screwed though.

And the fact that BMWs, MBs, and Audis are limited make the GTR so much better....
    Yes, it does. It means that Nissan recognises that people are increasingly taking their cars to track days, and can limit their top speed on the road to satisfy the safety/environmental nazi's without making owners incur unnecessary costs delimiting to take their cars to a track day.

Awesome, I didn't know that. Where I live I'd be screwed though.
    By 156mph limiter? Sure
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    There is already aftermarket ECU and exhaust out for the GTR, Amuse makes it already, and the car is pushing 580ps with those according to Apr 2008's Best Motoring test, the car also have as a suspension kit. Altogether worth about dropped the laptime of the GTR around Tsukuba from 1:02 to 59 second range....
    You have to admit that it hasn't lived to the expectations following the r34.
    Bigger, larger, slower and much less tunable than the r34, if anyone in this forum were given the choice, The new gtr would be crushed.

Also besides amuse who have already designed their own suspension and ECU, none of the other tuning firms seem to be making any progress, between Top Secret and HKS all i saw was new exhaust,new boost controller, new intake plumbing, the usual aesthetics and new rims which coincidentally are the same size as stock ones. Garage 20 didn't even bother with the whole process, they just painted their rims black, and as a side note even in super GT, Nissan wasn't confident enough with their v6 to even let it race in gt300 in the new gt-r
    Last edited by kigango123; 03-19-2008 at 10:16 AM.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Thread Information