Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Motorsport 3

Huh.. so you bog then take them from behind?

sounds like my MO.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    My supra may well bog (lol I said bog), but you fo' sho' know I'll take you by the finish line.
    it's a 50/50 chance that you'll finally hit boost in time in order to catch me at the finish line...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Atleast I have to drive my car.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

you're making excuses for that undriveable boat!
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

So, i''ve really tempted to buy an X-box when Forza 3 comes out, there is just one thing i couldn't find yet, can the controler buttons be re-assigned?
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Why would you want to re assign them?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Some people have weird thought processes and like the flexibility. Others are just weird, but I'm not naming names.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

I don't use the default layout.. I use the bumpers for the gears. Also I removed the dead-zone from the stick so I have really sensitive steering. I likes it that way.

I love it when people answer a question with another question, it gets close to dividing by zero, don't push it

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I don't use the default layout.. I use the bumpers for the gears. Also I removed the dead-zone from the stick so I have really sensitive steering. I likes it that way.
    So they can be changed? i also use the trigers/bumpers for gears in the GT and the analogs to stear and accelerate and brake, i'd like to use the same setup in Forza 3.
    Even better with the clutch, you could clutch with the trigger and select gear with the bumper, if that's what it's called.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

They can be changed. The triggers for accel/brake is what I use.. auto clutch.. it was the right knob for everything (on PC) until I had analogue triggers. Though I used to used the standard layout for GT. My subtle thumb could work the analogue face buttons on a PS2 pad to perfection. Now though I can't stand the steering on the knob for GT4. Just can't play it unless I'm using my DFP.

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    I love it when people answer a question with another question, it gets close to dividing by zero, don't push it

So they can be changed? i also use the trigers/bumpers for gears in the GT and the analogs to stear and accelerate and brake, i'd like to use the same setup in Forza 3.
    Even better with the clutch, you could clutch with the trigger and select gear with the bumper, if that's what it's called.
    Do you guys think that the forza guys made it real by not allowing you to shift with clutch for cars with paddles, and not allow manual for fully automatic cars or will it be like forza 2. It's asking alot from them but it would be great, especially the first one.

It will be generic manual or not, a la Forza 2. Which is a bit of a shame.. Need For Speed 3 had different gears/ratios whether you selected manual or auto. It's not such a hard thing to ask, really..

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    It will be generic manual or not, a la Forza 2. Which is a bit of a shame.. Need For Speed 3 had different gears/ratios whether you selected manual or auto. It's not such a hard thing to ask, really..
    Agreed. I've often wondered when someone was going to get that right on a console sim-racer. Only offering the gearbox options that are actually available for that particular car in real life. Seems like that would be even more relevant now that they're putting a full fledged cockpit view into the game. How are they going to portray clutch and stick action in a car that clearly shows paddle shifters on the steering column?
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

It would be a good feature...but what about cars like with variable awd systems? how can I say the system is actually providing 5% of torque to the front axle and not just say 50%?
    Or how is it going to replicate VVT systems? electronic or even better magnetic suspensions? Cars provided with a LSD or not and their actual effetcs?

The point is this, and others, are just videogames, and as such, there is nothing really realistic in them. There is a line which separates them clearly from a believable simulation and a funny replica of the real world.
    For as much advanced their algorithms can be, for as many parameters they are taking into count (and how much then), the first point is that they never tested those cars, not all of them.
    From this point on, I can't bother if when I choose auto or manual, they are just changing gear in my place instead of giving me an automatic gearbox.
    regardless of the fact that would mean kids could play with cars which don't have an auto'box, do they really tested them? No, therefore, what's the point if then even the different weight or is repartition isn't the real one?

As far as I am concerned such games just have to provide an emotion when you are playing them, which means giving me the feeling I'm going freaking fast or that I'm about to crash really badly, and this has to be packaged in a "believable" way.
    If cars like the MB SLR has an actual auto instead of a self changing gearbox it would be better (Enthusia has that), but what do I know if everything is as in the real deal? Do the brake pads warm the discs when racing on a wet track? Or does the aero brake actually give me an advantage? Is the car as heavy as it should?
    How is the car influenced by having only half tank filled?
    If I drive an SLR do I become Paris Hilton? And if yes, does the game contain NSFW contents?
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information