Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aston Martin DBRS9 2005

Aston Martin DBRS9 2005

Aston Martin Racing launches new GT race car

Aston Martin Racing has unveiled the DBRS9, a competition car for club and national racing series, and a bridge for teams and drivers looking towards international GT racing.

The DBRS9 is based on the DB9 road car, but shares many design features from the full GT1 specification DBR9. It uses the road car’s aluminium bonded chassis with a DBR9-based roll cage. Aston Martin Racing’s engineers have tuned the standard 12 cylinder, six litre engine to produce approximately 550bhp (an increase of 20%) and reduced the overall weight by 480kg, to increase the power to weight ratio to nearly 430 bhp/tonne. Much of this is down to the extensive use of carbon composite materials for all the body panels (except the roof) and on the interior trim, as well as polycarbonate side and rear windows.

The DBRS9 has a six-speed H-pattern gearbox with new, shorter ratios for competition use, which can be upgraded to a full sequential racing box. The car’s ride has been lowered and the double wishbone suspension has been rose jointed and fitted with two-way adjustable Koni dampers and stiffened competition springs.

While Aston Martin Racing’s focus has been to optimise the DBRS9’s performance, it has also been designed with practicality in mind. Both the seat and steering wheel are easily adjustable, and there is the option of a passenger seat, for demonstration drives. Removable body panels, a modular chassis and a package of spares simplify service and maintenance.

"There are many people who want to race Aston Martins competitively in everything from the occasional track day to weekend club or national series races," said David Richards of Aston Martin Racing. "The DBRS9 opens GT racing up to more enthusiasts and with its levels of performance will offer aspiring racing drivers the experience of a GT racing car without the complexity associated with running a full GT1 car."

The DBRS9 will start at £175,000 plus options and taxes. The cars will be built to order at Aston Martin Racing’s headquarters in Banbury, UK with first deliveries expected later in 2005.

Dr Ulrich Bez, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Aston Martin, said: "Positioned between the road going DB9 and the 2005 Tourist Trophy winning DBR9, this car will make a racing experience more accessible to Aston Martin race enthusiasts. It reinforces the DB9’s performance potential and inherent racing qualities."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    A competition car? I think they should've used the new V8 Vantage for this, there're too many versions of DB9 and even the Vanquish has a S version now, but Vantage only has the original version...........I definitely think that the last Vantage was better, this new one pulled the unique style out.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

^^ me too, the last vantage was uniique and superb, now the latest one is just a baby db9

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    A competition car? I think they should've used the new V8 Vantage for this, there're too many versions of DB9 and even the Vanquish has a S version now, but Vantage only has the original version...........I definitely think that the last Vantage was better, this new one pulled the unique style out.
    Too many versions?

4?!? Too Many?!?

For your own safety I hope you never see the 911 range...

Of course this shouldn't be the Vantage. Aston have developed the DB9 for racing with the DBR9, and they can just cherry pick bits from that and plonk them into the DBRS9.

If there were to be a Vantage RS then they would have to go through the expense of developing an entirely new batch of race worthy components, and go through all the testing and evaluation that has otherwise been provided by the DBR9.
    Thanks for all the fish

Thats a terrible chop...
    Those rear vent things are from a CLK GTR?
    Very poor job...

the 'chop' doesnt look that bad to me

Quote Originally Posted by A5H
    Thats a terrible chop...
    Those rear vent things are from a CLK GTR?
    Very poor job...
    The first picture released of the DBR9 was a terrible chop too...AM should hire some of the experienced off UCP
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra
    The first picture released of the DBR9 was a terrible chop too...AM should hire some of the experienced off UCP

I actually E-mailed them about that
    I don't understand why companies use such poor choppers...
    Pagani did the same with the new "F"...

more about that car: http://www.the-paddock.net/index.php...d=205&Itemid=1

there's also a pic proving that this car is real
    12 cylinders or walk!

Spec:

Specifications

Engine: All alloy quad overhead cam 48 valve 5935cc V12.

Transmission: Six speed manual (H-pattern with Syncromesh) or optional six speed sequential. Transaxle Layout.

Steering: Hydraulic power assisted ZF rack and pinion

Body: Extruded aluminium bonded monocoque. Carbon fibre composite skin panels. Aluminium roof panel.

Length: 4687mm

Width: 1979mm

Kerb Weight: 1280 kgs

Wheelbase: 2741mm

Maximum power: 550 bhp

Power to weight ratio: 430 bhp/tonne

Maximum torque: 620 Nm (842 lb. ft)

Acceleration: 0 – 60 mph: <4 sec (est.)
    0 – 100 mph: <9 sec (est.)

And they were damn quick too, was leading the 24hr LM before finally loosing to the C6Rs.
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

the michelin tyres in this race didnt have any problems which is good dont think it would many people would have watched around 6 cars going around for 24 hrs
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

courtesy of 310 and coueno on supercarfrance...
    (the blue one is actually a DBR9 customer car)

couple more...

The only reason the dbrs9 didnt win at leman was because the cool seat failed and the mechanics took to long fitting a new one, when you see the dbrs9 in the flesh you wouldnt be so critical of it. Its a fantastic car!

Thread Information