• Other...

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tough choice

M3, staying within the family again.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    The M3 has been along the longest, it started this class. the chassis has superb balance, the technology is great and it look sexy as hell
    Agreed, but there's a certain nanny-ness bout this new E92 .... women looks great driving it as well .... i have a problem with that.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Somehow, I don't like the M3 sedan. It doesn't seem aggressive enough from the rear.

I do love the M3 coupe though.

M3 for carving up backroads/track.
    C63 for zipping around town.
    RS4 for a little of both.
    IS for your girlfriend.

M3 looks terrible...imho.
    I hate lexus...
    If I were to get an AMG it'd be E-class or higher.
    RS4 it is.

I voted for the M3. I think I'm still voting for the straight-6 M3, and have no idea how to interpret the choice of "other," but maybe it's like the write-in vote that almost got Donald Duck 1% of the U.S. Presidential vote back in the 50s.

Why? The M3 is simply the most charismatic. That straight-6 makes one of the most cultured, refined sounds on the planet, comparable in maturity and grandeur only to the London Philharmonic hitting a perfect collective A while tuning before a show. Also, the M3 just plain looks the part. To make the 3-series' chunky, leaden styling seem graceful over three generations with the addition on only a few scraps of M-division bodykit plastic reflects the ingrained, established genius of BMW's M-division, which has served serious enthusiasts so well over the last few decades.

Mostly though, it's for the dynamics of the M3 chassis. The automotive press has almost exhausted its wealth of superlatives on the M3. Going on what people write about cars as an indication of worth, only the 911 consistently beats it.

Did "other" mean 911?
    Last edited by fpv_gtho; 10-17-2007 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail View Post
    I voted for the M3. I think I'm still voting for the straight-6 M3, and have no idea how to interpret the choice of "other," but maybe it's like the write-in vote that almost got Donald Duck 1% of the U.S. Presidential vote back in the 50s.
    So what do you think about the current M3 sedan/coupe?
    Last edited by fpv_gtho; 10-17-2007 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail View Post

Why? The M3 is simply the most charismatic. That straight-6 makes one of the most cultured, refined sounds on the planet, comparable in maturity and grandeur only to the London Philharmonic hitting a perfect collective A while tuning before a show. Also, the M3 just plain looks the part. To make the 3-series' chunky, leaden styling seem graceful over three generations with the addition on only a few scraps of M-division bodykit plastic reflects the ingrained, established genius of BMW's M-division, which has served serious enthusiasts so well over the last few decades.

Mostly though, it's for the dynamics of the M3 chassis. The automotive press has almost exhausted its wealth of superlatives on the M3. Going on what people write about cars as an indication of worth, only the 911 consistently beats it.

Did "other" mean 911?
    other could mean anything from a 911, HSV GTS, s-type r anything that can to an extent carry for people.
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

Thread Information