Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Aurion AT-X and Holden Commodore VE Omega Road Tested by MSN

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    Course, he could've just been a really bad driver and discussing what to have for dinner with his wife....
    not to reduce the importance of Cyco's version of things, it could well have been that he was just trying to keep up speed one handedly, resulting in a sort of wallowing use of the road. He might not even have been interested in the car in front of him at all...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

i dont know about but when im punching it through bends over 130kph i keep both hands on the wheel unless its a really crap song on the MP3 player

Seriously, that was a FANTASTIC read and only confirmed my thoughts that the Aurion IS the better car out at the moment.

and why wasnt i invited on this jaunt to adelaide?!
    The Datto will rage again...

They forgot one rating.

FUN:
    Sounds like there was more fun in the VE.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Here is a VE SV6, Tell me did the 180 sound like this?
    Pisssss 195 over engine.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jA8pDdWamk

Were all 3 of you in the omega always?.

I'm suprissed you can drive base models that fast I got sore eyes now.
    No, the 180kW engine in the Omega sounded nothing as good as that. Single rear exhaust, poor exhaust tuning and a four speed auto will be the culprits. Noticed that the SV6 has dual rear exhausts - don't underestimate how big a difference they would make to the sound of the engine, nor how much the five speed auto would improve it. By how much I can't tell you. But, unfortunately, the 180kW alloytec is way behind the other the other three engines, so the 195kW engine has a lot of ground to make up.
    The Aurion has dual rear exhausts in the base model. The 380 has a lovely deep growl under hard acceleration. The Falcon has a purposeful and smooth engine note that seems to be a trait of straight-six twin cam engines. I've always enjoyed revving the Barra engine in the Falcon out to the redline.
    Last edited by motorsportnerd; 11-29-2006 at 05:04 AM.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    They forgot one rating.

FUN:
    Sounds like there was more fun in the VE.
    Yes, but that comes from having two car enthusiasts sharing the driving who suddenly became hoons when encouraged to do so. No doubt we would've come up with that gravel test in the Aurion too. Didn't even occur to me when I had the Aurion.... We would've had just as much fun "testing" a Corolla..... especially if it was a rental.
    Just how much wheelspin could be generated by taking off with 6000rpm on the clock. What would cruising in 3rd gear at 120km/h do to the refinement?

I drive somewhat more sedately when by myself and there's no other car enthusiast in the car with me. I'm sure Cyco does too. But put two car enthusiasts and a rental car together.... I certainly don't drive my own car as hard as I do a rental.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Originally posted by Motorsportnerd

Yes, but that comes from having two car enthusiasts sharing the driving who suddenly became hoons when encouraged to do so
    Your right there MSN, when we were over in Tassie with the 2 nephews and brother,and hired the Santa Ghey it was handbrakey here,trying very hard to get it to brake traction, throwing it round corners(scary especially when the nephews were driving). It certainly brings the hoon out in you, doesnt help when 80% of the people we were there with race cars.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

I drive somewhat more sedately when by myself and there's no other car enthusiast in the car with me. I'm sure Cyco does too.
    wana bet

ive heard a few stories
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

No, the 180kW engine in the Omega sounded nothing as good as that. Single rear exhaust, poor exhaust tuning and a four speed auto will be the culprits. Noticed that the SV6 has dual rear exhausts - don't underestimate how big a difference they would make to the sound of the engine, nor how much the five speed auto would improve it. By how much I can tell you. But, unfortunately, the 180kW alloytec is way behind the other the other three engines, so the 195kW engine has a lot of ground to make up.
    The Aurion has dual rear exhausts in the base model. The 380 has a lovely deep growl under hard acceleration. The Falcon has a purposeful and smooth engine note that seems to be a trait of straight-six twin cam engines. I've always enjoyed revving the Barra engine in the Falcon out to the redline.
    So the base should have the 195 and 5 speed standard. And they better hurry up with the DI in the alloytech and 6 speeder for the rest.
    I don't like the stock I6 sound yuk, But with a sports system it's bloody sweet sounding, There is a guy getting around with a quad exhaust I6 it sound... "Where the drool smile"??
    Yes, but that comes from having two car enthusiasts sharing the driving who suddenly became hoons when encouraged to do so. No doubt we would've come up with that gravel test in the Aurion too. Didn't even occur to me when I had the Aurion.... We would've had just as much fun "testing" a Corolla..... especially if it was a rental.
    Just how much wheelspin could be generated by taking off with 6000rpm on the clock. What would cruising in 3rd gear at 120km/h do to the refinement?

I drive somewhat more sedately when by myself and there's no other car enthusiast in the car with me. I'm sure Cyco does too. But put two car enthusiasts and a rental car together.... I certainly don't drive my own car as hard as I do a rental.
    You should try the Territory in drifting my brother did **** we did 3 circles around a massive tree should have had the camera going. Dont you love hire cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    wana bet

ive heard a few stories
    When cyco took me around the block in his saab Boost her up in the wet and i was thinking **** it's pulling road ends ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... But we stopped with ease, I didint want too stick my fingers into his dash and show him i'm a chicken when away from the wheel lol.

Blue: the invite was extended, but at the time you had other things on your mind (getting the 200 out) so I'll forgive you for not remembering.

I'm not THAT scary behind the wheel, I can drive sensibly (on rare occasions)
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Kind of ironic that you guys were thrashing that VE around M bridge in SA and today the Holdenburg showed up at M bridge... woulda made an awesome shot... the Burg lit up at nite ant the VE renter in front of it. Sorry I missed you guys while you were here.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    Blue: the invite was extended, but at the time you had other things on your mind (getting the 200 out) so I'll forgive you for not remembering.
    really?

now i do feel stupid

Whens the melb motor show, ill need to book myself far in advance
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    really?

now i do feel stupid

Whens the melb motor show, ill need to book myself far in advance
    2-12 March.
    Phillip Island Historics is 9-11 March, so make it happen on that weekend.

RE: Aurion AT-x

MSN you state that the AT-X had optitron instruments but this is not correct, the base model does not have optitrion instruments, this is a pretty bad gaffe.

If you think he is wrong show us? Pretty big first post my friend.
    This post is worthless without pics by the way

Since all the six speed auto Commodores are V8s they'd be in a completely different league. Still if I get the chance I'll jump at it.
    What about SV6?
    I rekon that the series two will almost certainly have it as an option.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information