Thread: nissan maxima (v.s) honda prelude

nissan maxima (v.s) honda prelude

say there was a race....and in this race there was a 1997 honda prelude: 200hp v-tec, auto with tech-tron, 2.2 litre twin cam,16 valve......and there was a 1987 nissan maxima GXE: (4dr digital version) 3.0L, 150hp, V6.........(its all i know about the 2 cars....)

maxima's are pretty quick cars.....

which car would win?...and by how much?

[considering that the prelude weighs more then the maxima and both are FWD....and both are right off the factory line, nothing special done]
    Last edited by max; 07-22-2003 at 12:23 PM.

Dsrb

TO HAVE TO ANSWER THAT, ID HAVE TO SAY THE PRELUDE WILL STILL WIN..ALTHOUGH THE MAXIMA IS A QUICK CAR (I KNOW FOR I OWN ONE) THE PRELUDE IS DESIGN IN A WAY TO RESPOND WAY QUICKER...AND I RACED A STOCK ON ONCE..IT STILL BEAT ME BUT NOT OVER 4 CAR LENTH AWAY..THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by DATSRBOI
    TO HAVE TO ANSWER THAT, ID HAVE TO SAY THE PRELUDE WILL STILL WIN..ALTHOUGH THE MAXIMA IS A QUICK CAR (I KNOW FOR I OWN ONE) THE PRELUDE IS DESIGN IN A WAY TO RESPOND WAY QUICKER...AND I RACED A STOCK ON ONCE..IT STILL BEAT ME BUT NOT OVER 4 CAR LENTH AWAY..THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY

[email protected]
    No offence dude, but, did you have to type in ALL caps?

Quote Originally Posted by DATSRBOI

[email protected]
    You fail. Cope.

Seriously, after being ridiculed for seemingly as long as the internet has existed, why are there still people who type in all caps?

Forget the caps and the answer. What is the point of the question? We have covered this before. Suffice to say -1.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by max

say there was a race....and in this race there was a 1997 honda prelude: 200hp v-tec, auto with tech-tron, 2.2 litre twin cam,16 valve......and there was a 1987 nissan maxima GXE: (4dr digital version) 3.0L, 150hp, V6.........(its all i know about the 2 cars....)

maxima's are pretty quick cars.....

which car would win?...and by how much?

[considering that the prelude weighs more then the maxima and both are FWD....and both are right off the factory line, nothing special done]
    Probably the Prelude, although, I am a little biased. Prelude makes 200hp and 156ftlbs.... that V-6 in the Altima probably makes similar or higher torque ratings. The gearing is important too, but off of what I know the prelude should win. Also, a '91 SI would most definitely win that race in place of the last gen.
    Stickers add horsepower. I promise.

Thread Information