Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G Wagon Experiences

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Yep, I have too.

Altough, old school Merc demands old school V8. They could do a G63 Black Series in the Ford Raptor vein.

No, it's an off roader.
    I don't think you know what an SUV is... Here is part of a definition from Wikipedia to help you out...

"A sport utility vehicle (SUV) is a generic marketing term for a vehicle similar to a station wagon, but built on a light-truck chassis.[1] It is usually equipped with four-wheel drive for on- or off-road ability, and with some pretension or ability to be used as an off-road vehicle..."

"...The term is not used in all countries, and outside North America the terms "off-road vehicle", "four-wheel drive" or "four-by-four" (abbreviated to "4WD" or "4x4") or simply use of the brand name to describe the vehicle like "Jeep" or "Land Rover" are more common."

its the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by FastDriver View Post
    I don't think you know what an SUV is... Here is part of a definition from Wikipedia to help you out...

"A sport utility vehicle (SUV) is a generic marketing term for a vehicle similar to a station wagon, but built on a light-truck chassis.[1] It is usually equipped with four-wheel drive for on- or off-road ability, and with some pretension or ability to be used as an off-road vehicle..."

"...The term is not used in all countries, and outside North America the terms "off-road vehicle", "four-wheel drive" or "four-by-four" (abbreviated to "4WD" or "4x4") or simply use of the brand name to describe the vehicle like "Jeep" or "Land Rover" are more common."

its the same thing!
    You seem to foget that the term "SUV" is mostly applied to useless, huge landships that are incapable of going offroad nowadays... which doesn't apply to the G. While SUV's are mostly luxury items, the regular (non-AMG) G is a workhorse that isn't really made for everyday life.
    A definition is useless if nobody uses it, and that's the case with your SUC definition. SUV =/= offroader.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by FastDriver View Post
    its the same thing!
    It isn't:
    Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
    You seem to foget that the term "SUV" is mostly applied to useless, huge landships that are incapable of going offroad nowadays... which doesn't apply to the G. While SUV's are mostly luxury items, the regular (non-AMG) G is a workhorse that isn't really made for everyday life.
    A definition is useless if nobody uses it, and that's the case with your SUC definition. SUV =/= offroader.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It isn't:
    ok you just quoted someone who said SUV= Off roader... and your making a retarded argument. an SUV is an off road vehicle. for example a land rover, jeep cherokee, ford bronco, etc. If you want to keep arguing, i won't be here to humor you. This is rediculous. If i want to call it an SUV then nobody is going to stop me...

A SUV, a off roader, what ever you whant to call it, who cares what you want to call it. There a good artical in the last top gear, or mabe the one before that which compaired a G wagon to a range rover, you might find that usefull.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

i only have up to the first episode of series 16 that is where my box set ended haha. I have series 1-16 and then i have American Top Gear series 1. If you haven't watched it yet, please please please DO NOT watch it!!! It will make you sick to your stomache and it is a complete waste of time... I am so sorry I watched it. And I wrote to them telling them to get some new TV personalities because the people they got for the show were mind numbingly dull and lacking in substance...

non sequitur posts are non sequitur.

Besides being mind numbingly dull and lacking substance.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    non sequitur posts are non sequitur.

Besides being mind numbingly dull and lacking substance.
    yeah, I was very disappointed. not that I was expecting much. But back on subject, I did see the review of the G55 AMY on Top Gear and It looked awesome! I haven't seen the new one yet, but Im sure its nice!

=/= ≠ =, it = ≠.

For most of the rest of the world, SUV is something like an X5, whereas something that is more a workhorse type vehicle is more likely to be refered to as an off-roader or the likes. It comes from most of us never having heard the term until the marketeers introduced it when X5 and its ilk appeared.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

SUV my ass. I wouldn't say no to one of these.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

My dad bought a brand new diesel G in the early 80's. He despised it. Copious amounts of water leaked into the cabin when it would rain out. The vehicle was underpowered to the point where it seemed like you could beat it up a hill on foot. It wasn't a particularly great achievement for something with a 3 pointed star on the grill, and a ridiculous price tag to go with it. I'm positive they are a great vehicle in this day and age, seeing as they've been building the damned things since the dawn of the dinosaurs. Surely they've been perfected by now. One thing I can say about them is that its virtually effortless to step in and out of them. I'm 5'10" and I recall just walking into it.

It depends on what you what to use you next 4x4 for, if you going to do alot of off roading thing go like this, the new range rover is better in every way, inside it's nicer the engine and gearbox works so well together, i'm talking about the TDV8 with 306 bhp. But the Merc has somthing about it which makes you whant one. The merc is very good off road but not as good as the range rover, thats no suprise. So if youi just going to do a bit of light of roading i would say get the merc.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by thebrochureman View Post
    The merc is very good off road but not as good as the range rover, thats no suprise. So if youi just going to do a bit of light of roading i would say get the merc.
    Have you actually off-roaded in any of the two?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Many Truck and SUV magazines in the U.S. (Yeah we have them). Ranks the G-wagon at the top or near the top for Offroading. Ironically nobody recommends it as a daily driver. Suspension is too stiff, they say.

Quote Originally Posted by thebrochureman View Post
    It depends on what you what to use you next 4x4 for, if you going to do alot of off roading thing go like this, the new range rover is better in every way, inside it's nicer the engine and gearbox works so well together, i'm talking about the TDV8 with 306 bhp. But the Merc has somthing about it which makes you whant one. The merc is very good off road but not as good as the range rover, thats no suprise. So if youi just going to do a bit of light of roading i would say get the merc.
    Lolwut?
    When I read "Land Rover", I thought you would compare the G to a Defender. The Range Rover isn't bad, but it isn't a serious offroader like the G or the Defender.
    Or a Mog .
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Thread Information