Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate people that...

I hate people that...

think they know more about cars than you, and the only real supercar they've ever heard of is the F50, and the probably don't know what kind of engine it has.

Example: my friend, who knows a dumpload of cars, talked to a kid who thought he knew more about cars than him, my friend asked him as a test, what engine do most lamborghinis have (murc, diablo), the kid responded, V-8s, duh! That was the stupidest kid ever it seemed like, some kid i know saw a pagani Zonda and said he had one, and said he bought it at ferrari of atlanta! He thought it was a ferrari. I know i used to be one of those people, and im glad im not, any other stories anyone?
    Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

thats what i characterise as a "rice" attitude, they think they know what their talking about and doing but they dont. comone ppl admit it if you dont know, you just make an ass out of your selves when you pretend
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

LMAO i just saw your sig, i saw that episode too wasnt it cribs, living large, or something. lol

Originally posted by megotmea7
    LMAO i just saw your sig, i saw that episode too wasnt it cribs, living large, or something. lol
    yes, puff daddy is one of those people
    *coughretardcough*

I met some idiot at a party the other day who warned my friend not to buy a MK1 MR2 because they "leak from the distributor cap"

hahaha thats a good one

Originally posted by Egg Nog
    I met some idiot at a party the other day who warned my friend not to buy a MK1 MR2 because they "leak from the distributor cap"
    There are plenty of self proclaimed experts out there that will share questionable information on automotive issues. How about starting a list of the best ones you've heard? Im trying to think of a few.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

when i was shopping for my car the owner said the car had a flat-6 like a boxer lol he said mazda bought the rights from porshe, needless to say i didnt buy my car from him

Hand brake methodology !!

I was once in a taxi and all of a sudden while the car is moving, the driver pulls the handbrake halfway up and keeps driving like that for about 200 metres !! Shocked, I asked him why is he doing that? He replied that this increases the performance of the car's regular brakes (not handbrake) !!
    His justification: This way he introduces some air to the brakes and they perform better!!!
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

i can see the logic behind that one but its still stupid

Originally posted by megotmea7
    i can see the logic behind that one but its still stupid
    Theres logic? Try it and enjoy the experience of having your back wheels lock up every time you brake. I imagine being a taxi driver his brakes were ****ed and it was an alternative to getting new pads for a while.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Originally posted by crisis
    Theres logic? Try it and enjoy the experience of having your back wheels lock up every time you brake. I imagine being a taxi driver his brakes were ****ed and it was an alternative to getting new pads for a while.
    oh they were wayyyy beyond ****ed ! the whole car was garbage anyways.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

i knew someone that thought that the first corvettes had V8's, even though i could site at least three sources that the first vettes had V6's.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Actually you're only half right, early corvettes (1953 & 54) were 235 cid inline 6's - the famous Blue Flame Six available only with a 2 speed auto tranny.

1955 saw the first V8's starting with the 265 cid - a 3 speed automatic was available from then on.

I know a kid who thought Vettes were 4 seaters
    *coughretardcough*

Thread Information