Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: would german or american cars ever replace italian cars?

would german or american cars ever replace italian cars?

there are some cars like the porsche carrera gt, mercedes SLR , chrysler me4-12 ,etc. which made me think if these & newer cars would take over italian cars some day.
    before these cars came there were very few cars that could match the performance, styling etc. of ferraris & lambos like the CLK GTR, saleen s7, porsche gt1 etc.
    so my question is that with the changing of time do u think that would german or american cars ever replace italian cars?
    i just want to know yor opinion & if possible a brief discussion.
    thanx

I dont know if they would "replace" them whatever that means, but I imagine that the Yanks will eventually own them.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

i hope chrysler doesn't take over Lambo again, Ferarri and Maserati is owned by Fiat, and so is Lancia. and Pagani uses a Mercedes engine. i don't think that Italian cars will be "replaced", though American and German cars are good competitors for italian cars.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

I was of the understanding Fiat were not travelling that well. Prime for a takeover.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    i hope chrysler doesn't take over Lambo again, Ferarri and Maserati is owned by Fiat, and so is Lancia. and Pagani uses a Mercedes engine. i don't think that Italian cars will be "replaced", though American and German cars are good competitors for italian cars.
    I don't think Chrysler will take over Lamborghini again... that would require that they purchase the entire VAG in the process
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 02-24-2004 at 09:31 PM.

the world of supercars if the germans and yanks took over the italians would be HELL!!!

Personally I think that American, German and Italian car manufacturers have such different attitudes to their vehicles that none could really properly act as a substitute for another.
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by UK CARS
    the world of supercars if the germans and yanks took over the italians would be HELL!!!
    Made me think of a modifation to an old joke .....
    heaven is:
    French cook
    British police
    German mechanic
    Scottish lover
    Italian/German/French/British sportscars
    and the Swiss run everything

hell is:
    British cook
    German police
    French mechanic
    Swiss lover
    American sportcars
    and the Italians run everything

The ME Four-Twelve is a Pagani Zonda with a new body and slightly modified engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    And GM has a hand in Fiat, and Fiat I've heard is having financial woes, so through the grapevine, the General will probably end up owning Ferrari, Lancia, and Maserati.
    Stickers add horsepower. I promise.

I'd rather think not because italian and germans compete in different leagues imo. German. fast, refined, or comfortable. To me, italian cars are actually light, fast, also styled differently. I think the italians are good at making straight lines look exotic, like the enzo, and the Alfa GTV makes..... weird lines look sexy. if u were to put any of those "italian" lines on any german car they'd look weird.
    There's a automatic rice filter in being a gud mountain racer.... and that is "Skill"......

Well i think this might be worth while saying and its much like the point that crisis made The world willmore then likly be left with 3 or 4 groups of manufactuors and the main ones will more then likly be GM,ford,Nissan and mistsubishi and more then likly not in that order....

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    The world willmore then likly be left with 3 or 4 groups of manufactuors and the main ones will more then likly be GM,ford,Nissan and mistsubishi and more then likly not in that order....
    Nissan is already controlled by Renault, and Mitsubishi by Daimler-Benz. It's about time that Toyota enters the market!.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Made me think of a modifation to an old joke .....
    heaven is:
    French cook
    British police
    German mechanic
    Scottish lover
    Italian/German/French/British sportscars
    and the Swiss run everything

hell is:
    British cook
    German police
    French mechanic
    Swiss lover
    American sportcars
    and the Italians run everything
    Just noted that there are no Scots in hell. When you have been at parking lots of the Geneva motor show, you will immediately fully disagree with your assumption about the Swiss in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Just noted that there are no Scots in hell.
    Well of course not
    When you have been at parking lots of the Geneva motor show, you will immediately fully disagree with your assumption about the Swiss in heaven.
    I've always been bussed or stayed local for Geneva shows
    And telecom shows don't attract the same numbers !!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information