Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: My wife is brave, and getting well!!!

A colon and bracket isn't much but I really can't offer anything other than to let you know people very far away are thinking of you and your loss.

I have nursed a good friend through a pretty rough time. Not anywhere as rough as yours, I can’t comprehend that. She has come out of it all pretty well though and I guess my message, and the only message I could give her was no matter what, she would not always feel as bad as she did. Eventually, and I’m talking gradually over many months you will feel better. Never the same and maybe not how you may wish but it has to get better. Hollow comfort right now though I know. Sorry.
    Oh and tell you family exactly how you feel. You deserve their support as much as they deserve you being strong.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Collapsing in a heap when you are alone is no personal failing of yours Doug, it is a simple matter of no-one being strong enough 100% of the time to support their whole family.

I'm sure your eldest daughter will soon recover, and that being one less thing for you to worry about will allow you to feel better when alone too.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Hi Friends.

May everyone here have a glorious Christmas and New Year and keep hugging your loved ones like tomorrow is never going to come, because eventually it doesn't.

Warmest wishes,
    Doug
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Nice to hear from you Doug.

Best wishes to you for Christmas and the New Year.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Great to hear from you.

I hope life is improving for you and you are enjoying yourself and living well!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_Dread View Post
    Hi Friends.

May everyone here have a glorious Christmas and New Year and keep hugging your loved ones like tomorrow is never going to come, because eventually it doesn't.

Warmest wishes,
    Doug
    Thank you very much Doug! Same for you and your family!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Thank you, best wishe for you and your family to. have a great x-mas and a great 2012.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Hi all.

I trust all my friends are doing great?

Just thought I'd share that the seemingly impossible has happened, I've met someone who wants to be with this grumpy old fart and after considerable emotional turmoil, I know I want to be with her too.

Her name is Joanne, hails from a distant part of the country and will probably be joining me at year end after her varsity year ends. She will switch to Unisa (correspondence study), and continue her B Com from my house. A sweet and loving soul indeed. I am blessed beyond measure.

On her first trip up here to meet me, I took her for a Waco biplane flip and here are a few pics of the day:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Wonderful news. It is very nice to know you're enjoying your life again.
    Very happy for you!

Cheers!

I offer another "colon and bracket" from the other side of the earth

Great news Doug,

We all need some joy in our lives and you look like you have found some

Hi strangers

A few years have gone by and I got to wondering how my friends here are doing, or if they're still here.

Hope you're all doing great!

Cheers,
    Doug
    Doug

Hello Dear Doug! How have you been doing?

Everything great here. A few years have passed, but there were many changes in my life. I'm now a full time classic car journalist and editor of Portugal's main and oldest magazine, and I've married last September. It's been a great time.

You you're still doing well with Joanne. You sure deserve it.

Merry Christmas for you and a lovely 2018!

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    Hello Dear Doug! How have you been doing?

Everything great here. A few years have passed, but there were many changes in my life. I'm now a full time classic car journalist and editor of Portugal's main and oldest magazine, and I've married last September. It's been a great time.

You you're still doing well with Joanne. You sure deserve it.

Merry Christmas for you and a lovely 2018!
    Great on your job, sounds sweet and congrats on the wedded bliss Have the best Christmas and new year.

Naa, Joanne lasted 6 months and although still in love, she went back to her corner of the country; just couldn't settle in the city. Had lots come and go but decided I no longer wanted a live-in, just too many hassles at my age. Found a super lady with a similar outlook and in 9 days time we will have been together for 4 years. All well with the family and my 7 grand kids.
    Doug

Thread Information