Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shock: Camry has decent dynamics according to Wheels mag

Auiron and VE have yet to be tested on the road yet so in reality its impossible to rate them.

The 380 is good but misses imo some of things a family car needs like RWD

Out of the four the BF is the only one ive actually driven and bias aside is more the complete car. atm that is.
    Last edited by syko; 07-27-2006 at 07:45 AM.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

They had something about the VE on Goauto maybe?. Had a pic of a SV6 maybe going around a corner and they were saying it corners better then ever but many might never know this as they might never be able to push it to it's limits.
    It looked far better controlled in the pic, The Old commodores had the tendency to dig it's front wheel in hard. Not this one. Good to see all wheels on the ground now
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Lets go 4wding!!!

Holy shit thats got a massive ride height
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by syko
    Auiron and VE have yet to be tested on the road yet so in reality its impossible to rate them.

Why does a family car "need" RWD? Please explain.
    You're not saying that the Mazda6, Honda Accord Euro, Subaru Liberty, Audi A4, etc fail as family cars just because they're not RWD I assume? As far as I'm concerned all of these cars are good family cars.
    I see no advantage between RWD, FWD or AWD in a family car. Most of the drivers of "family" cars wouldn't know the difference. Most of us who do would only be worrying about it in the wet - in which case AWD is the way to go anyway. Doesn't matter if its the front wheels or rear wheels breaking traction - in wet weather both layouts break traction and a careful right foot or traction control is the answer.
    If you're talking about some drivers "desire" or "want" RWD - that's a different thing. But its not based on any real world advantage that RWD has.
    We're talking "family" cars after all - not sports cars.
    Last edited by motorsportnerd; 07-27-2006 at 11:50 PM.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

what he probably means is that good family cars that are rwd are good to do burnouts and drifting in
    Last edited by acemotorsport; 07-28-2006 at 12:33 AM.
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

The only realistic benefit to a family for RWD is towing. FWD offers better economy, is usually cheaper to build so the car is cheaper to buy, and offers more interior room.
    I am the Stig

but the burnouts will some one please think of the burnouts
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

You can still do burnouts in a FWD, you just look like more of a tosser
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd

Quote Originally Posted by Syko

You're not saying that the Mazda6, Honda Accord Euro, Subaru Liberty, Audi A4, etc fail as family cars just because they're not RWD I assume? As far as I'm concerned all of these cars are good family cars.
    I see no advantage between RWD, FWD or AWD in a family car. Most of the drivers of "family" cars wouldn't know the difference. Most of us who do would only be worrying about it in the wet - in which case AWD is the way to go anyway. Doesn't matter if its the front wheels or rear wheels breaking traction - in wet weather both layouts break traction and a careful right foot or traction control is the answer.
    If you're talking about some drivers "desire" or "want" RWD - that's a different thing. But its not based on any real world advantage that RWD has.
    IMO the Aussie family car IS RWD. Cars like the Accord, 6, Liberty etc are still good fine cars and the lack of RWD isn't a huge issue. But still I agree with Syko that Aussie family cars need RWD - The Falcon and Commodore are somewhat famous for being big, powerful and RWD.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

They only need it to get over the mantra that people are obsessed with it.

As i said before, the only practical thing to suggest RWD is advantageous for the typical family car these days is for its better towing capabilities.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Lets go 4wding!!!

Holy shit thats got a massive ride height
    It does doesn't it. Wonder what the higher riding suspension they offer will look like truck clearance
    They remind me of the 300c in ride height, even though the 300c is low looking under it is very height off the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by acemotorsport
    but the burnouts will some one please think of the burnouts
    Theres a few Asians up the road from me that must have had a few in them and got out the 2005 Corolla and started to do wheelies in it, Bloody thing left marks and smoke everywhere But couldn't get over the fact it was a FWD car doing it. It didnt seem natural or easy

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    IIf you're talking about some drivers "desire" or "want" RWD - that's a different thing. But its not based on any real world advantage that RWD has.
    The mazda6, accord liberty are good family cars but they are medium sized family cars, they have less weight and power driving the wheels. Different to the falcon, 380, and ve. Blueys original question remark was regarding long trips. would you rather a rwd or fwd for towing.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Theres a few Asians up the road from me that must have had a few in them and got out the 2005 Corolla and started to do wheelies in it, Bloody thing left marks and smoke everywhere But couldn't get over the fact it was a FWD car doing it. It didnt seem natural or easy
    i try to do it in my accord on wet roads or carparks but the stupid tcs cuts in
    Last edited by acemotorsport; 07-28-2006 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by acemotorsport
    i try to do it in my accord on wet roads or carparks but the stupid tcs cuts in
    We tried it in a Toyota Avalon, And even the water wouldn't get it to brake traction

Thats weird, the only thing the camry wont break traction on is a nice sticky new bit of road. The normal sort of roads around here still can get a chirp if you give it 100% off the line.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information