Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your top 3 concepts they should have made?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    Even if the 60s one is called that way too.... i dont see any similarities except the pulling in of some very lame names to relate it as something with an era of history and heritage. That plainly, is a very sucky name to even begin with.
    The same goes for the SLR McLaren 722 and Ford GT... just jumping on the bandwagon.

Even if the 60s one is called that way too.... i dont see any similarities except the pulling in of some very lame names to relate it as something with an era of history and heritage. That plainly, is a very sucky name to even begin with.
    maybe you should look underheath the glass canopy of the new one to see the same intricate tubing that gave the 1960's version its nickname.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    The same goes for the SLR McLaren 722 and Ford GT... just jumping on the bandwagon.
    And Ferrari of course could never have launched the Testarossa...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

There of course, are those that really resurrected the legacy, but some just plainly use it as a nick of trick. The new ford mustang is one. using prehistoric suspension systems to have us had a feel of what it used to be? whereas the original one is a milestone both in design and the conceptualization of the idea of a everyday, cheap to own sportscar.

oh the new challenger and camaro as well... but hell they looked great inside out.

There of course, are those that really resurrected the legacy, but some just plainly use it as a nick of trick. The new ford mustang is one. using prehistoric suspension systems to have us had a feel of what it used to be? whereas the original one is a milestone both in design and the conceptualization of the idea of a everyday, cheap to own sportscar.

oh the new challenger and camaro as well... but hell they looked great inside out.
    The Birdcage 75, (which we were discussing) is a concept car, not intended for mass production, unlike all the US examples that you are now referring to.....

Err... if i'm not wrong, all concepts, if received overwhelming response or pre-bookings in car shows, will be manufactured. Hell, which manufacturer doesnt wanna earn more $$ ? Of course they will deny their intentions at first, which will seems kind of a cheap act.

Err... if i'm not wrong, all concepts, if received overwhelming response or pre-bookings in car shows, will be manufactured. Hell, which manufacturer doesnt wanna earn more $$ ? Of course they will deny their intentions at first, which will seems kind of a cheap act.
    the impracticalities of the some concepts will never see it making into production. In the case of the Maserati the fully opening glashouse might have prevented this.

There are many other concepts which are clearly not intended for production at all, but are made to test people's taste about some styling elements, and/or to indicate in which way technology might go.
    There is currently an increasing number of cars that are being launched as concepts but that are really just in a pre-production phase. In order to stimulate intersest carmakers will already lauch the concept, only to be followed by a virtually similar production version half a year later on. (The Paris Salon had quite of few examples of those). The real concepts, like the Citroen C-Metisse, the Peugeot 908 or the Renault Nepta are really what they should be: Concepts only. But be sure to expect some Citroen developments using electric motors build in the rear wheels, which could for instance be applied to a hybrid version of the C6. etc. etc...

If I had a few million £ going spare, I'd be building my own version of the Birdcage. The Glasshouse/lack of doors isn't a problem, the general style is not too different to the P4/5. I'm sure a suitable manual transmission could be found too.

The Aero X could rival any Aston or Bentley in the GT stakes, no doubt GM will give Saab a budget of sixpence, and tell them to build it on the platform and running gear of a Mk 1 Vauxhall Cavalier.
    Thanks for all the fish

I would say Lambo Cala were kinda conceptualised as the Gallardo and the Bugatti Chiron is the Veyron.

The conceptualisation of concept cars should not include those that were somehow not 'better' than current production models.

I would say the

Maserati Birdcage (The name sucks)

Saab Aero X

Ford GT90
    i would agree with gt90.i don't know why ford didn't make that car inated og ford gt.

Quote Originally Posted by mehrshadvr4
    i would agree with gt90.i don't know why ford didn't make that car inated og ford gt.
    It was far too radical for ford to put it into production.

Alfa Romeo Carabo
    Lancia Stratos Zero
    Audi Rosemeyer
    "I don't take any photo, just collect in all the web and share"

Not three, just one...

I loved the Alfa Romeo C-8 that was unvailed at the 2006 Paris auto show! I always wanted that one, more then any other concept to actually be made!

Quote Originally Posted by speed-e View Post
    I loved the Alfa Romeo C-8 that was unvailed at the 2006 Paris auto show! I always wanted that one, more then any other concept to actually be made!
    Welcome to UCP. The 8C concept was first shown in Frankfurt in 2003 made it to production in 2006, which was the car unveiled at the Paris Motorshow in 2006.

Nobody has mentioned Dodge Tomahawk
    ford GT90
    prodrive P2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123 View Post
    Nobody has mentioned Dodge Tomahawk
    It was made and a few (10 IIRC) were sold.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information